HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2014, 06:15 PM
Joined Oct 2010
367 Posts
Discussion
Factory Service for XPS Converted Radios?

I thought I would expand on an original thought I had and ask what people's experience is with having tune ups, service or repair done to their (enter "X Brand" name here) radio after they've converted to XPS modules.

When you send in your "X Brand" radio after the XPS module conversion, do you re-install your original module?
Will the "X Brand" companies work on your radios with the XPS modules in place?

I'm just wondering how things change after the conversion, especially since I like to send my radios back every couple of years for a check up, and I don't know what the various policies are in place for the different Service Centers.
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2014, 09:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Most people remove their modules, but after 7 years it's not a secret anymore.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2014, 09:59 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
421 Posts
I personally would send the radio with the original "factory" module.... that way, your original module could be tested as well in the event there is a need for it in the future....
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez