Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:42 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
I did just that today flying like a dream now
What are your settings now and FC you are using?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I'm using a cc3d I will post my setting tomorrow I don't feel like getting up and hooking it up to the computer. I was going to put my Naza on it but I found the sweet spot today
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Amazing vid Flohio! Quick question; what kind of things are you using in your base station?
Ice Hound is offline Find More Posts by Ice Hound
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
KK4LIK
United States, GA, Ocilla
Joined May 2012
91 Posts
GoPro mount

Tried to fashion a new gopro mount on the quad tonight. I used a GoPro layer lens plate and "rubber bobbin" replacements that I ordered with my QAV. I have gel on the plate right now but I might end up going with the foam pad that came with the layer lens plate. Sorry the photos are small I sent them to myself from my phone but didnt want them to be too big to upload. I will test it tomorrow if I get home from work before the sun goes down.
theSouthGA is offline Find More Posts by theSouthGA
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:51 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSouthGA View Post
Tried to fashion a new gopro mount on the quad tonight. I used a GoPro layer lens plate and "rubber bobbin" replacements that I ordered with my QAV. I have gel on the plate right now but I might end up going with the foam pad that came with the layer lens plate. Sorry the photos are small I sent them to myself from my phone but didnt want them to be too big to upload. I will test it tomorrow if I get home from work before the sun goes down.
hey that is pretty cool...i was thinking of doing something like that myself...one of these days..although...earplugs from the local hardware store work really well too...just have to make sure the camera is only slightly sitting on them...no compression.....
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vic20owner View Post
Nice work! You made it onto the website

Hope that is ok
That's perfectly find and awesome! I feel honored
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Last edited by flohio117; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:07 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hound View Post
Amazing vid Flohio! Quick question; what kind of things are you using in your base station?
My base station is using

*ImmersionRC EZantenna tracker
*immersionRC duo 5800 5.8ghz diversity reciever
*readymaderc pan and tilt setup
*7dbi patch antenna
*right hand circular polarized skew planar wheel antenna
*fatshark dominators

Hope this helps. FYI the only reason I'm using 5.8ghz is bc all my 1.3ghz stuff is being used on my other frames. You can go way farther and have way better video with just a 1.3ghz 400mw vid tx and a 1.3ghz rx. I would put cp antennas on them aswell. It's way cheaper than my 5.8 setup and way better in my opinion. Plus it's quicker to setup bc you don't have to wait for the tracker to get setup.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Sep 2009
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrape View Post
In Process
Thanks for "Red Parts", Tom

Frame:************* HT FPV Frame
Flight Controller:*** OP CC
Power Distribution: Multi-Tri Copter Power
Batteries:**********Turnigy 2650mAh 3S 20C
ESC:***************TURNIGY Plush 25amp
Motors:************* NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv
Props:
Rx:***************** EzUHF
Lights:************* HOBBYPARTZ LED's
Camera:********** RMRC-540 OSD Camera / 540-Line CCD (NTSC)
Video Tx:********** 600mW 5.8GHz A/V Transmitter with Circular Wireless SPW58
OSD: ************* EzOSD
AUW:

More to come.
Where do you got the red parts. Does it come with the frame?
http://www.hoverthings.com/

Also how is NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv. Do you (or anybody) have problem?
Thanks
mailtopravit is offline Find More Posts by mailtopravit
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtopravit View Post
Where do you got the red parts. Does it come with the frame?
http://www.hoverthings.com/

Also how is NTM Prop Drive Series 28-26A 1200kv. Do you (or anybody) have problem?
Thanks
http://www.hoverthings.com/parts/ht-...ontarmred.html
I requested them when I ordered and Tom was kind enough to throw them in.

No problems. Don't have as many flights as would like to on them.

@ flohio117

Any pics of your base station?

TIA
scrape is offline Find More Posts by scrape
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
471 Posts
Hey guys I have a question about setting up a HT FPV frame quad copter.

What soldering is required to make it? The power distribution board and the motors both require soldering right? Anything else? Is there any way to set it up without having to do any soldering? I'm asking because I'm trying to hold off on getting a soldering iron until I have to.

Thanks to anybody who helps,
Matt
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:02 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
471 Posts
Also does anybody have some high end motors and or esc's they would recommend for the HT FPV? I'm looking for ease of installation. I would like the wires to be the proper length for the frame and motors to fit into the motor mounts without having to modify things.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
Hey guys I have a question about setting up a HT FPV frame quad copter.

What soldering is required to make it? The power distribution board and the motors both require soldering right? Anything else? Is there any way to set it up without having to do any soldering? I'm asking because I'm trying to hold off on getting a soldering iron until I have to.

Thanks to anybody who helps,
Matt
You will probably need to do some soldering eventually...however..i know that you can find a wiring harness on rcdude.com that might work for you...he has motors too...i order from him a lot and he is quick on the shipping...check it out and if it works for you then awesome..if not...you will find something eventually...also...i would recommend the ipower motors...they are multi rotor specific...

Good luck
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
You will probably need to do some soldering eventually...however..i know that you can find a wiring harness on rcdude.com that might work for you...he has motors too...i order from him a lot and he is quick on the shipping...check it out and if it works for you then awesome..if not...you will find something eventually...also...i would recommend the ipower motors...they are multi rotor specific...

Good luck
Thanks a ton dude I appreiate that. I'm not sure but I think the iFlight iPower 2217Q 880kv Motors might be my best pick. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...ushless/Detail

Do you think these motors will mount right onto the HT-FPV?

And then these ESC's: iFlight iPeaka 30A ESC with SimonK Firmware. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...30A-ESC/Detail

and then the 4 to 1 Power Harness - Male Deans to 3.5mm Bullet Connectors.

Think this will work well?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
Thanks a ton dude I appreiate that. I'm not sure but I think the iFlight iPower 2217Q 880kv Motors might be my best pick. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...ushless/Detail

Do you think these motors will mount right onto the HT-FPV?

And then these ESC's: iFlight iPeaka 30A ESC with SimonK Firmware. Located here: http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-24...30A-ESC/Detail

and then the 4 to 1 Power Harness - Male Deans to 3.5mm Bullet Connectors.

Think this will work well?
Yes...i think you will be happy with that setup...very minimal soldering if any since those ipowers come with the bullets on them...at most you may have to solder bullets to the esc's..but that is really simple...
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
ht-fpv center of gravity

Do you place the CC board at the hoverthings suggested COG? Or do you load the frame (motor, battery, camera, etc) and determine the new COG from there?

<When you get your board, make sure you place exactly at COG...i made the mistake of mounting mine way too far forward and it just wanted to flip over. So i tied a string from each motor and put my board where the strings met in the middle...exactly COG...as soon as i did that, she lifted off just fine...then it was on to the tuning...>

I think once the board is at that perfect tune...the HT-FPV frame will fly really nice[/QUOTE]
profylr is offline Find More Posts by profylr