HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:01 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Seems weird it's reporting 11-12 kts then dumps it to 4-6 kts, then back 11-12kts.
Doesn't sound very reliable to me, when source is a fan at constant a speed and static plane !?
Although perhaps the fan being so close to the pitot tube might be causing turbulence into it.
-B!
He is impeding the airflow with his hand, no?
Zr_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:06 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
He is impeding the airflow with his hand, no?
Can't ague with that. But he did say:
It's at the lower limit of its specs.
"Air Speed: 7 - 225 MPH (11 - 360 KPH)"

So perhaps the sensor is 'dropping off the cliff' at such a low 'air' speed ?

In any case, I'd like one !!

-B!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:53 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,514 Posts
Ive been putting up with the horrible stock tones from the high prec vario till now but finally did firmware upgrades on the vario through SPort and the Taranis, and have nice tones now. Ive put my vario settings as -4 -07 .1 3 at the moment. Anyone with any better settings for AXN floater glider? Its plugged into the X8R using SPort.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jul 01, 2014, 09:56 PM
SidGates
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Feb 2006
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Seems weird it's reporting 11-12 kts then dumps it to 4-6 kts, then back 11-12kts.
Doesn't sound very reliable to me, when source is a fan at constant a speed and static plane !?
Although perhaps the fan being so close to the pitot tube might be causing turbulence into it.
-B!
=========================

I am sorry my video gives the wrong impression. I was sticking my hand in front of the fan to demo speed changes and it did create turbulence.

When I flew the airplane the speed changes were smooth and useful. I now have my programming set so I can turn off the voice reporting when I want to. My main interest is air speed reporting during landing. I plan to use the N2 Air Speed Sensor in my jets and warbirds.
sidgates50 is offline Find More Posts by sidgates50