SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2014, 06:19 AM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
I would get the kit+motor but it seems to be back ordered forever!
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2012
120 Posts
agree, I would also jut buy the kit with Motor, the JR servos are not bad, bu you can get cheaper ones, which are the same level. and you don't really need the adjustable servo horns, this are nice one, but you can adjust it also with out them, in addition, you can not change the distance of the ball to the centre of the Servo horn , e.g. for some FBL the distance of the metall horns is to much, so you don't get the "blue LED" e.g. ona beastx.

I have two Forza, one running with MKS DS92 A+ on the swash plate and a JR ELG01 on the tail (I got this ELG01 for a great price, much cheaper than the orginial tail servo of the Forza) and on my second one, ( the cheap config) I fly Hobbyking TGY306 HV on the swash and a Compass Wrap 360 Tail servo (this is a relabeled KST) and to be honest, I don't feel a difference between the 40 MKS and 18 Hobbyking servos, even not after 6 month flying..

in addition the ESC from the kit has not the best gov mode, so you may find better ESC, like the Hobbywing Platinum V3 50A, I am running Castle Creation ESC on both Forza.

Anyway, you guys in US are so lucky a Forza 450 kit for 149 USD is amazing, but them, even as a spare kit for a flying one...
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
566 Posts
Excellent info in the thread - very close to pulling the trigger on one. Quick question - can anyone currently flying a Forza compare it to a Thunder Tiger E325 or E360 (stretched version of the E325)? I'm currently flying an E360.

One thing bothering me - the plastic top and bottom servo mount plates. JR offers metal plates as upgrades, but even my crappy 300 CFX has metal plates standard. Has anyone upgraded to the metal plates?

How is the Mini TAGS system? The combo with TAGS is only $20 more than the combo without TAGS. I've been flying BeastX exclusively - is Mini TAGS worth trying?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Last edited by OrbitalGolem; Oct 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:37 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,105 Posts
I have two Forzas, one with the metal upgrades and one stock.You might notice the difference if you can push it hard enough, I couldn't!
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Oct 21, 2014, 03:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
120 Posts
Hi Kauaiguy

hope you are doing well, haven't heart anything from you a long time.

I have a similar config like you, my first Forza got the metall servo mount, the second one, which should be the "trainer" ist still stock with the plastic parts, and you don't feel during the flight or on a "normal" operation a difference.

OrbitalGolem.

there is a metall spacer inside each servo holder, so the stabilty between the two CFK frames is given by the metall spacer not only the plastic part, here is a the drawing:

I don't have the Mini Tags, but for 20 USD more, you can not really do something wrong, that is not even one Hobbyking TGY306 servo... I saw some people flying last weekend the Mini TAGs during the JR meeting in Germany, and haven't noticed any negative about it..

btw, my Forza got a heli dolly, to transport the Forza 450 to the runway for take off: If you aren't an outstanding pilot, than you need to be outstanding during the way carrying the Forza to the runway, anyway my son likes it.
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Oct 21, 2014, 04:23 AM
Australia, VIC
Joined May 2013
381 Posts
Sorry if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression the the JR Tags system was DMSS no? That being the case you would also need a new Tx to suit, which will add to the cost going via the COMBO.

~EDIT~.... Check posts on previous page as it seems to confirm this. I already have a DMSS Tx myself so was not concerned either way as i have multiple protocol Tx's. OrbitalGolem, i'd just get the barebones and use the Beastx, it's a great FBL and you already know it and how to set up, that is, unless you want another Tx (smirk).

Those with the heli will hopefully chime in to clarify.....

Just wanted to cover all aspects your looking at.

Regards
scanner62 is online now Find More Posts by scanner62
Last edited by scanner62; Oct 21, 2014 at 04:32 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
566 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. One more follow-up question - where are the best places to purchase spares from? I've seen mention of RCJapan and just noticed that HeliDirect in the US now stocks parts. Any other places? I've been surprised to see that JRAmerica has been out of stock for main gears for quite some time now.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:05 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
Crasy666....I'm also interested in that Lego heli...nice
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:23 PM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,326 Posts
Thanks for the info, gentlemen. Looks like I'll go with just the kit and motor for now and add my own servos and ESC as I go along.
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,880 Posts
Received my full combo last week and I must say the kit looks ACE...very high quality stuff here. At current prices of $150 with motor and blades I see no reason why anyone would go with a clone vs this lol. Also the TAGS Mini is very small.

TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Oct 24, 2014 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:23 PM
central AZ
Joined May 2002
1,326 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to get back in stock again. I missed them last time, and Chris from JR Sales told me they'd be in later this week, so I'm anxiously waiting, ready to pounce this time!
KnifeEdge51 is online now Find More Posts by KnifeEdge51
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,880 Posts
Helidirect has them too but also sold out...no surprise really. JR really knows how to drive sales for their new products...total 180 from prior JR's traditionally super high prices.

http://www.helidirect.com/jr-forza-4...or-p-37789.hdx
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,347 Posts
TheKingPhisher....you sir are correct in your statement. Providing the main and tail shaft crash well without bending as advertised that will cut down on repair expense. It's a belt tail so more cash saved.
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,152 Posts
Still not in stock
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo