HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:41 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Will the Xtreme Hardened Steel Bevel Gear (Front - 38T- Gear A) match up OK with stock metal B gear?
I had about 15 130X and tried lots of different combinations. Best is to buy the metal gears that need to mesh ( C and D or A & B ) from the same vendor. You have a better chance to have a situation where the same metals were used and same manufacturing processes to produce the gears. Of course if you match a metal with a plastic version... guess who wins ...every time !!
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:46 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Already ordered the Xtreme A gear, will it not work well at all?
Works fine for me.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
Spent the time tonight, and pulled things apart then put everything back together again. I wasn't intending to pull the main shaft, but when I was "adjusting" the tail boom back and forth a little to see how much play there was, well at one point the torque tube came out of the B gear, and it ended up just being easier to pull the main shaft and A gear to get everything back together nicely again. Oh well.

I was able to take almost all of the back and forth play out of the gear train, and now when I spool things up, it is amazingly quieter. I was surprised at how much gear train noise I had before adjusting things up. I'll have to wait till the weekend to take it for an actual flight, so don't know if I cured my TBO woes or not, but at least part of things are better.
Before I got the 130, I already had experience with the Walkera V120D01 and 4#6 which all have nearly identical gear driven Tails. So, the first time I replaced 130's either the C or D Gear, it took me a couple minutes total time.

But shortly afterwards, the next few times, it took me longer. And even later, there was one time even after trying a few HOURS I still couldn't the make all the "wonderful" stuff line up on the Tail Shaft. I actually had to walk away, clear my mind, and come back the next day to find it immediately all together slipped in within the first few seconds on the first try.

I had the same experience with my B Gear. The first time it dropped when working on the back end, it took me about a second to simply shove it back on to the Torque Rod. The second time took longer, and I remember one later time I also had to walk away from it and clear my head, and when I came back a few hours later, it simply went on.

The only tool I use at the back end is driver for the Screws, but I install the B Gear holding it with a tweezer. If you're having to force any of the B through D Gears into place, then you're doing something wrong. With the Tail Shaft out of its Case, the B through D Gears should all be easily slipped back on to their shafts like "butter". If you think you have to force any of them on to their Shafts, then you're probably not doing it the easiest way. Once you get the "hang" of it, they should be about as easy to install as a Blade.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Yesterday at 04:15 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
Groovin', not fishin'
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
396 Posts
Got my 130x yesterday after only two days of shipping! Anyway, charged the batteries and am now working on programming my DX6 for it. For those of you looking to mate the 2014 edition DX6 to the 130x, per HH, use the DX18 settings.

Steve
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350