SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:15 AM
Indonesia
Joined Feb 2012
62 Posts
upgrade

Just bought for upgrade APC 11X8.5E, in watt meter max 296 watt. Need to replace front wheel with bigger one, in order to make more space from ground. I will try to fly it tomorrow.
Azka Anindya is offline Find More Posts by Azka Anindya
Last edited by Azka Anindya; Mar 03, 2012 at 09:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:21 AM
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Good luck with your test-flights - I'll be interested to hear what you think about the results.
All the best,
Steve
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:31 AM
Indonesia
Joined Feb 2012
62 Posts
Today flight in testing new propeller, with 11X8.5E slightly better, in term speed and flight duration, but I decide putting back the stock propeller because I like the form, more realistic... Maybe I will order MAS 3 blades
Old Mar 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Just ordered me one of these bad boys (after slamming my Stinson Reliant into a tree... Long story) needed another plane in White and Red.

I had been teaching a friend to fly using the Stinson and a buddy box but I figured the T-28 should be able to step in, offer me something a little more aerobatic to indulge myself and be a nice learning curve for the friend (I'm afraid the next plane up in my arsenal is the PZ Spit then lots of EDFs...). have also ordered the metal trunions - Just in case

Patiently awaiting the postman...
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Feb 2011
11 Posts
Two Blader for Durafly Trojan

After smashing the three blade prop that came with the kit (Rookie Mistake) I have added a 9X6E two blade prop, I ended up using the orignal prop hub from the three blade prop as a spacer once I cut the left over prop roots of it and smothed it out. I read on the master airscew website that when replacing a two blade prop with three blade prop you should go up an inch in diameter so I just reversed this (origanal 10X7 so the closest I could get was the 9X6E). Test Flight this weekend weather permitting. Let me know how any of you have got on re two blade replacements and also when will Hobbyking stock replacemnt thre blade props.

Regards
Maximuss Actual
Sydney Australia
Maximuss Actual is offline Find More Posts by Maximuss Actual
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:56 AM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Feb 2010
56 Posts
If you're using a 3S the 9x6E isn't going to be enough prop.
You should have gone for at least a 10x7 2 blade.
The 10x10 APC looks good going by the spec sheet posted for the motor.
crampy is offline Find More Posts by crampy
Old Mar 06, 2012, 02:06 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lberry.88 View Post
Just ordered me one of these bad boys (after slamming my Stinson Reliant into a tree... Long story) needed another plane in White and Red.

I had been teaching a friend to fly using the Stinson and a buddy box but I figured the T-28 should be able to step in, offer me something a little more aerobatic to indulge myself and be a nice learning curve for the friend (I'm afraid the next plane up in my arsenal is the PZ Spit then lots of EDFs...). have also ordered the metal trunions - Just in case

Patiently awaiting the postman...
the trojan is a fantastic flyer. Take off on grass was not a problem with the stock gear. and had no issue with the nose gear plastic trunnion snappin as long as you touch down on back gear first so far after 20 flys of 5 min each. Tested out the flaps for landing and they do slow it up real nice.but you can land it slow with no flaps at all just fine. also have metal trunion in case have all so tride a 3s 3000ma batterie with about 7-8 min each fly.ps CG seem ok but check.
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:31 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Do most people simply run the plane with the lights on all the time? Is it minimal drain on the battery?
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:33 PM
The land down under
Australia, NSW
Joined Jul 2010
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
Do most people simply run the plane with the lights on all the time? Is it minimal drain on the battery?
Yes it's not a problem.
simo71 is offline Find More Posts by simo71
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:55 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
When I hook up my flaps the servos seem to buzz when in the down position. I can adjust slightly to get it to stop by having less travel by it seems that the hinge itself is quite tight near the fully down position.

When installing the horns and linkages on the flaps, do you work the flap by hand quite a bit to "loosen" up the foam hinge?

Anyone cut the flaps off and install nylon hinges instead?

Thanks for all the forum help! The manual is of little use and I am sure I will have more questions as I go along.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:48 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post
When I hook up my flaps the servos seem to buzz when in the down position. I can adjust slightly to get it to stop by having less travel by it seems that the hinge itself is quite tight near the fully down position.

When installing the horns and linkages on the flaps, do you work the flap by hand quite a bit to "loosen" up the foam hinge?

Anyone cut the flaps off and install nylon hinges instead?

Thanks for all the forum help! The manual is of little use and I am sure I will have more questions as I go along.
Hi Scott yer you have to work all the foam hinges be four you put the linkages on.have a good one.
chops.
chops3 is offline Find More Posts by chops3
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:10 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
273 Posts
T28 BellyCam

Have 2 of the durafly range now. The other being the se5a.
I have to state for the record: out of the 11 models I own, this one is by far, the most fun! You can fly it all "warbird scale" or you can go absolutely balistic with spinning climbs, inverted flight, tail stalls, slow flying - High speed/low altitude WOT passes are the coolest! I get the feeling its acrobatic credentials go way past my capabilities....
And yet it is also an excellent intermediate low wing trainer! Almost a jack of all trades (without going full on 3d).
Looking for a 2nd or 3rd plane that you can grow into without getting bored? Pretty hard to beat this choice!
Shot some "bellycam" video the other day. Still trying to get my head around video editing. Some of the fades are a bit "clunky" but hope some folks enjoy it!
Durafly T28 BellyCam (3 min 59 sec)
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
Indonesia
Joined Feb 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balch View Post
Just maidened my T-28 today. Wish I would have found this forum first. Sure enough my front gear snapped on landing also. Next flight I broke the prop on landing. And on the last flight I hit the apple tree. Only damage was a broken 11x7 prop and busted cowl.

I could not get to the link for the metal trunnion. Is that the same as
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id/2526?

Also Chops3, could you post a link to the propellor discussion. I was going to order the cowl and another retract (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17538 is this correct), but may hold off until the props are available.

Do you think an APC 11x7SF prop would work better than the thin electric?

Thanks
The replacement cowl already available https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=22711
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azka Anindya View Post
The replacement cowl already available https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=22711

many of things in there are back order :-(

OMG
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
On the final turn on my landing approach I lost all control of my trojan. Was going slow with flaps deploy and LG down. Nosed in about 50m from me. Busted cowl, front doors and the trunnion in the front retract broken. No other damage at all!
Have metal trunnions, so no issues there.
I had noticed the motor cut out in the previous flight, and I lost all control again, but quickly recovered.
When I picked up the battered plane I noticed the light on the receiver was blinking. Shouldn't it be solid? Any other ideas on what might be my issue?
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79