SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jun 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
does anyone know where I can get extender cables for the connections between ET peripherals? I need my logger farther away from the guardian and OSD than normal...
thanks
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/eLogger-E...ion-Cable.html
LostLarry is offline Find More Posts by LostLarry
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
RC_Kid, I'm having a little trouble understanding what is happening, but I think this will address it for you:
1) I'd recommend installing our beta software 10.39 (see below)
2) You can run the Servo Analysis wizard from the PC, if you use the above version. There is a button for this on the OSD setup page in the PC software.

Let me know if this doesn't address your issue.

Gordon/Garris, "virtual inputs" with serial PPM is being worked on now, and should work just as you describe.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
986 Posts
Quote:
does anyone know where I can get extender cables for the connections between ET peripherals? I need my logger farther away from the guardian and OSD than normal...
thanks
I recently had the same question. ReadyMadeRC has them. They don't seem to show up if you are just browsing categories, but here is a link:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=47

You can also search for product called CAB-EXP-EXT
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Gordon/Garris, "virtual inputs" with serial PPM is being worked on now, and should work just as you describe.
Great news Bill, thanks for the update
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65
Old Jun 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, FL, St Cloud
Joined Dec 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
thanks
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...products_id=47
Pathfinder22 is online now Find More Posts by Pathfinder22
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered Pilot
Joined Oct 2006
986 Posts
I can't figure out how to edit the Custom Text so as to display my FCC callsign. I have searched the thread and elsewhere, to no avail. On my setup screen, Custom Text has a "o" right before it so I can't even select or deselect it. Actually, that's true for a number of parameters that seem locked out by the software. I feel like I'm missing a step to enable these functions or even to decide where to place them. By way of another example, Milliamp Hours is displayed whether I like it or not. I want it displayed, but the Setup Utility is not letting me decide where it goes. It seems like something is wrong. I have the OSD Pro, e-logger, GPS and Guardian. I have not run the servo wizard yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
edit the Custom Text ... you see the box above the green to the right of your HOME ?(Enter OSD Screen Name) Just put the cus in the Green box and you will see it in that white box ;
Delete the CUS in the white box and put in the text.
High light any of the Lables In the green box, then You can change the Lable in the white box (like HOM or DIS,whatever)
EugeneFlorida is online now Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Last edited by EugeneFlorida; Jun 28, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Can we set font size yet? or make it black? I cant see anything with all the white clouds in the background.
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:35 PM
Registered Pilot
Joined Oct 2006
986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneFlorida View Post
edit the Custom Text ... you see the box above the green to the right of your HOME ?(Enter OSD Screen Name) Just put the cus in the Green box and you will see it in that white box ;
Delete the CUS in the white box and put in the text.
High light any of the Lables In the green box, then You can change the Lable in the white box (like HOM or DIS,whatever)
I got a response to a support message. I needed to hit FACTORY RESET on the bottom. That mae everything work properly again. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmint View Post
Can we set font size yet? or make it black? I cant see anything with all the white clouds in the background.
I'd love to be able to make it green like a typical heads up display!

That would be a neat feature...

But anyway, you can already have a black silhouette around the letters freshmint - should allow you to see the letters against cloud.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2007
178 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am about to put together an order for an FPV Rig, will go with the Sky Walker 1900 as the platform, will use my Go Pro Hero HD 2 for a cam etc.

Would like to have a reliable trouble free OSD, RTH, among the basics, read this thread quite a bit but will still like to get some first hand info as to what to get and do's and dont's from the experienced guys here.

Thanks Guys.
turboready is offline Find More Posts by turboready
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Oct 2011
56 Posts
Hi Bill:

When I run the Servo Analysis wizard and get to the point where the instructions instruct to shut down my transmitter, it does not bind back to my receiver when I turn it back on. I am using a Futaba T14MZ with the R6014HS receiver. Has anyone encountered this issue and how did you resolve it?

I have the Flight Data Recorder, OSDPro, GPS Expander, G-Force module all with the updated firmware. Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
captward is offline Find More Posts by captward
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:25 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captward View Post
Hi Bill:

When I run the Servo Analysis wizard and get to the point where the instructions instruct to shut down my transmitter, it does not bind back to my receiver when I turn it back on. I am using a Futaba T14MZ with the R6014HS receiver. Has anyone encountered this issue and how did you resolve it?

I have the Flight Data Recorder, OSDPro, GPS Expander, G-Force module all with the updated firmware. Anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks.
Once it starts counting down, hit the power button, and make sure that your throttle stick is all of the way down. otherwise it delays turning on, and prompts you to answer a question.

It should have enough time to bind, but it is close.

I am using the 12fga, but I also have chainlink on it, so I am not sure how fast the Faast system binds.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jul 03, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Oct 2011
56 Posts
Thanks m_beeson, I'll give this a try.
captward is offline Find More Posts by captward
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:28 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Dec 2004
31 Posts
Hi all,
I am setting up a tractor prop plane so I need to get the pitot probe out onto the wing so it isn't affected by propwash. I want to cut down on wires and connectors, so could someone checkout this schematic and let me know if it will work.

Thanks for any help.
Gordon65 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon65