HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2014, 10:17 PM
Joined Feb 2014
68 Posts
Discussion
Castle SV3 work with fs-gt2 2-ch receiver

Hi,
I need to replace with Traxxas AM radio system. Can anyone please tell me if the Castle SV3 ESC with work with the 2-ch receiver that come with the FS-GT2 radio system - the receiver is . Any one experience any issues? I'm looking for something very cheap.

Thanks,
The DropOut
dropout is offline Find More Posts by dropout
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 04:32 PM
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
We have had mixed results using the very inexpensive radios with our systems. It is somewhat hit or miss whether they will work. We find the signals generated by the receiver can sometimes be "dirty" and the ESC will not see it as a valid radio signal. We also run into problems with the radio signal floating which breaks the calibration on the ESC; forcing you to continually recalibrate the ESC to the radio system.

Because of these potential issues we offer limited support on troubleshooting certain problems with inexpensive radio systems. If you get lucky and get one that works correctly then our ESC's will work just fine with them.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations
Thomas Porfert is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Porfert
Old Mar 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
USA, WV, Moundsville
Joined Oct 2006
2,779 Posts
This is one of those times when cheap is not a great idea...... you can buy a spektrum dx2e which works with castle just fine for 60$
turbored21 is offline Find More Posts by turbored21
Old Mar 10, 2014, 08:48 PM
Joined Feb 2014
68 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks very much for the replies. Also I just re-read my original post and sorry about the bad English / typing.

But anyways... I just wanted to let you know that we just receiverd the fs-gt2 radio system and it works perfectly so far. We put it in the Rustler running with a Castle SV3 ESC. Lucky me no glitches or hiccups so far. The Rustler reponds smoothly to the transmitter. Mainly used it in our cul-de-sac but will have to see how it performs at longer distances. I'll post again with results.

Also a couple of things to note with the fs-gt2 radio:
1) the receiver has a much smaller foot print - so it fits without a problem into the Rustler waterproof box.
2) on the transmitter the reverse throw is much smaller than the original Traxxas AM transmitter. So to go in reverse slowly, we have to be very gently with the finger. Just a difference I noticed - not a show stopper at all.

I just needed something very cheap to bash around with the kid and his mini-revo.
dropout is offline Find More Posts by dropout