HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2014, 08:33 AM
Joined Jan 2014
13 Posts
The max it could handle is 9T then heading towards gearing problems with them getting shredded to bits! haha.. Well my 10.5T motor arrived today, but cant test as its utter rubbish weather here lol
DipeshN is offline Find More Posts by DipeshN
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2014, 02:02 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipeshN View Post
The waterproof combo is great to as its 12T and isnt too powerful, it'll be a great all rounder too as its waterproof too.
I wouldn't look too much at the T number this time, as it's probably wound differently, since it's a 5200 kv motor, and most of the time you need something below 10T to get that high kv. Also, it can deliver 450 watt peak and over 350 watt continuous, which makes it more powerful than a regular 9T if you ask me.

Still takes some time to adjust to this new era of RC power, back in the days when I started with RC a 50 watt brushed motor was considered quite an upgrade, and a 100 watt was considered "insane". Now we are saying a 450 watt isn't too powerful.

Btw, any progress on the steering?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:01 PM
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipeshN View Post
The max it could handle is 9T then heading towards gearing problems with them getting shredded to bits! haha.. Well my 10.5T motor arrived today, but cant test as its utter rubbish weather here lol

Ah ok, where abouts are you? Can't wait to see how that 10.5T motor goes
How well does your 11.5T motor run? Could you maybe shoot a video?

SoloProFan, I would have to agree with you about how powerful it is lol, if your saying 100W was insane back then, a 450W would have probably been considered impossible.

As for steering, I plan on soldering some caps to my motor like in the picture you showed me, also I'll try to stop the servo from moving around.
Verequies is offline Find More Posts by Verequies
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
Joined Jan 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verequies View Post
Ah ok, where abouts are you? Can't wait to see how that 10.5T motor goes
How well does your 11.5T motor run? Could you maybe shoot a video?
Im in the UK ! haha... the 11.5T runs great and is reletivly cool but i only brought my 10.5T For indoor racing as i want to get a bit competitive with the old chassis before moving onto something much better like the tamiya TRF series.

But once the weather is good i'll defo shoot a video for ya! with both motors running
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:52 PM
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Awesome, looking forward to it haha, I live in Queensland Australia, bloody hot right now lol
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:55 PM
Joined Jan 2014
13 Posts
haha! Lucky you! UK weather is so unpredictable and hardly any heat! hahaha
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:58 PM
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Yeah, I think we are at like around 30 degrees celsius right now with a max of 41, so air-con for us lol. I'd prefer to be somewhere much cooler
Old Jan 03, 2014, 08:07 PM
Joined Jan 2014
13 Posts
ah damnn! wanna swap countries ? LOL here its like 1am and its like 3 degrees! with heavy rain.. is that cool enough ? lol!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 05:40 PM
Joined Dec 2013
42 Posts
Wow haha, I think thats a bit too cold for me lol.

Sorry guys, I've been busy the past week and a bit. I'll be buying the parts this week.