HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2013, 09:58 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,994 Posts
Discussion
Trappy's Council Files To Dismiss

We'll be watching this one closely. Should be interesting to see if the FAA's edict holds water. Federal sources that I've spoken with believe the FAA will not be able to make it stick!

http://www.suasnews.com/2013/10/2537...es-to-dismiss/
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:00 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
It would be interesting to follow up on Scott Hansen and the Bull Run Crash as well as the this week's New York video from the latest Trappy wannabe. In the latter video, the pilot bounces his Phantom from high rise to high rise.

Thanks for watching this Patrick.

jeffparisse

Ps... I just read the response... Good thing Trappy is loaded... These things tend to get expensive.
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
Last edited by workshop; Oct 03, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 12:30 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,994 Posts
I've got more info on the Bull Run Crash... Still deciding if we will put it out as a short story. Confirms what I've been saying about everyone and his brother thinking he's drone guy, and the FAA doing a poor job.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 12:37 PM
LoadedTrappy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 01:00 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,994 Posts
T,

My advice (and not as your lawyer), I'd lay low until this thing blows over.
Old Oct 04, 2013, 02:06 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
Yet you (Trappy) seem to be able to trot the globe with impunity to make your videos. Your travel budget is what gives you away as a wealthy individual. Master's degrees aren't cheap either... You seem to be able to afford all the trappings of your lifestyle.

Except your legal bills.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (or pay the fine). Your 'crime' is pushing your "freedom to do FPV as I please" agenda until you got the response you were after. You ASKED for this Raphael... You BEGGED to be a test case. Now you have the notoriety you were seeking and the bills to prove it.

jeffparisse
Old Oct 04, 2013, 03:06 PM
LoadedTrappy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content.
Old Oct 05, 2013, 11:01 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,453 Posts
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"...

I have nothing against TBS, I applaud the entrepreneurship. My observations regarding your "situation" are SOLELY based on your videos that you produce and promulgate.

I'll restate: It is a good thing Trappy is (surrounded by caring and generous friends and lawyers) as aspiring to be a legal test case can be expensive.

Raphael, you don't have to respond to everyone that has a minor disagreement with you by calling them a hater. That is not good for the community you say you feel so strongly about.

I see you are traveling to New York City again next week... See ya there!

jeffparisse
Last edited by workshop; Oct 06, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2013, 06:52 PM
Minnesota
Joined Sep 2004
504 Posts
I think Patrick offers wise advice.
clolson is offline Find More Posts by clolson