HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:02 PM
Helsingborg, Sweden
Joined Sep 2001
1,815 Posts
Discussion
Another Gluonpilot project - PZ Stryker

After some succesful tests with the Mx Funjet + Gluonpilot I have been looking for a slightly bigger airframe to carry a bigger camcorder/camera and came across the ParkZone F27Q Stryker.

I remember seeing some video of the Attopilot in a Stryker, so it might be a future home for my Attopilot as well.

Anyway - I was surprised to see that the smaller Funjet has more room in the fuselage but I am sure I can carve out some foam to make room for the gear...

The Stryker came with an enormous 70g ESC that will be replaced with more normal size ESC that won't need to handle too much current since I will mainly be cruising around....

Here are some pictures...

/Björn
icebear is offline Find More Posts by icebear
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:13 AM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,961 Posts
Nice one Björn, much quicker to the lighthouse this time.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:59 AM
Helsingborg, Sweden
Joined Sep 2001
1,815 Posts
Thanks Gary and Yes! - 3 minutes for a round trip!

/Björn
icebear is offline Find More Posts by icebear
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:13 AM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,066 Posts
I love my Stryker. It has a very wide speed envelope and landings are a breeze (as long as it's not too loaded down). But my next flying wing will most likely be the Deep Reaper. Much bigger than the Stryker, but still easy to transport. It was designed with FPV in mind, so flying it with an Attopilot and assorted sensors will work great.
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:10 AM
air
Kerry County, Ireland
Joined Mar 2003
541 Posts
Looks great Bjorn, the Stryker is a bit like a single engined version of the old Multiplex TwinJet (my first rc airplane!).
Look forward to hearing how the Gluonpilot performs in it!
air is offline Find More Posts by air