What about the steve chip??
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
voici mes solutions Here are my solutions

pour le petit, une barre de 12*12, 9grs une fois terminé.
for breakfast, a bar of 12 * 12, 9grs once completed.
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:32 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
Dear gege,

How much do i have to pay for one of those custom booms and fins?
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:11 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,716 Posts
French Connection BL tail mod

List of parts

Walkera 10A T esc
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-lm400-z...1-1-1-1-1.aspx

Turnigy 2211-1700 bl motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1700kv.html

5x5 prop (these can be found almost everywhere that sells rc plane props)

Extention wire 22awg (i got mine from tower hobbies but you could buy it localy to save time and shipping cost)

Motor X mount (may be needed to properly mount to stock fin. Not hard to find, like the props)

2mm bullet conections x3 (The motor comes with these, but you may want to put connections on both sides of the extention for easier deconstruction)

JST connection for power to esc (cut from stock motor and esc)
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Aug 22, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:42 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,356 Posts
These are great but how much to buy a brushless tail set up lol? Im lazy

I just painted my boom and tail mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by gegedampleux View Post
voici mes solutions Here are my solutions

pour le petit, une barre de 12*12, 9grs une fois terminé.
for breakfast, a bar of 12 * 12, 9grs once completed.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:48 AM
Joined Jun 2011
35 Posts
C 'es fait dans de la cornière alu de 2mm, avec une scie à ruban métaux non ferreux, les motifs sont fait de tête, en m 'inspirant de tribals ( voir sur internet).
Cela demande un peu de temps mais pas difficile. Et il n' y a pas de droit d' auteur!

Le plus important, c 'est la précision des deux trous de fixation de la queue et le moteur qui doivent être à angle droit.

Pour kdean, le moteur est le bon, quand a l 'esc, méfiance, le miens côté signal a deux fils et non trois,(blanc-rouge) il y a deux modèles, donc bien commander le bon.

C ' es is in angle alu of 2 mm, with a band saw non-ferrous metals, the reasons are made head, m ' drawing on tribal (see Internet).
This requires a little time but difficult step. And there is no copyright!

The most important, c ' is the precision of the two holes for attachment of the tail and the engine that must be at right angles.

For kdean, the engine is good, when a ' SQN, mistrust, the mine-side signal has two sons and not three,(blanc-rouge) there are two models, therefore order the good.
gegedampleux is offline Find More Posts by gegedampleux
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:09 AM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,965 Posts
For those who don't speak computer translation,

gege said he used 2mm aluminum and a non ferrous band saw to make the pieces from non copy write material on the internet. He said it takes a little time but is not difficult (as opposed to the translation )
He says the most important part is the precision of the 90* holes for the tail motor.

and for kdean, the motor is the right one, as for the esc, his has only two wires on the signal side, not three (red & white), and that there are two models, so to be sure to order the correct one...
whew....
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:27 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
Hey Guys, still working out the bugs with my V400 and the tail glitch. Even with the gentle stock motor installed, the tail seemed to glitch at least once per battery. Upon doing some hand-held spooling, I noticed a small vibration coming from the tail. At certain frequencies, the vibration was enough to be noticeable thoughout the whole heli. Okay, so I used some Scotch Tape to balance the tail blades. That particular vibration is gone now and the tail seems a bit more stable.

But then, the stock motor started suffering from anomalous power variations (for lack of a better term) again, with the new stock ESC. It's confusing because this started happening even though the motor didn't seem too hot to the touch after a full 10 minutes of non-stop flying. Since this is the same behavior that happened with the previous ESC, I doubt it is the ESC that is the actual problem. I am thinking that the now dirtier commutator could be the problem, but that's just a guess.

So, back on goes the brushless system. It's nice -- the brushless doesn't suffer from power variation issues, even though the tail motor still needs adjusting so that it will keep up with the more power main motor (getting some pretty incredible tail wag on punch out). As for the ole tail glitching issue, I had one minor glitch happen during 3 battery packs of flight, so the glitch does seem to be a lot less of an issue than before.

What is curious, though, is that all of a sudden I noticed the skids jiggling in the 3:00 & 9:00 directions, as though the pinion gear was too tight. But this time, the pinion is not too tight. At the beginning of the next pack, during spooling I let the heli just sit on the ground for a few second running at 0-degrees pitch to let the gyro settle down (assuming it got some how confused). Seemed to work, the jiggling was gone.

Even though I'm slowly getting things to work better, I don't know if it will ever be completely glitch-free.
navigator2011 is online now Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Aug 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
As I continue to get this brushless working correctly, the time has finally come for me to consider adjusting the Tail Mix pot on the Rx. But I'm not sure what to do -- I don't want to screw things up. Where I have an issue is right at lift off. As soon as the heli leaves the ground, tail yaws to the right about 30 degrees until the gyro catches it and spools the tail rotor. The other time this happens is when I'm already hovering and then punch out quickly -- the tail wags rightward momentarily until the gyro catches up.

But, right now the gyro does a good job of holding the tail during hover, so I don't need to use any rudder trim. My worry is that if I increase the Tail Mix, will that introduce a tail drift during hover? Has anyone encountered this issue?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
hey navigator, I had the same thing with the brushless motor, when I punched it, the tail would spin out about 30 degrees or so trying to keep up. I never messed with it because I was having a good time flying it around as it was, and now I have that wobble/vibration i'm still trying to work out. The only (useless) advice I can give on the tail mix pot is when you change it, keep track of where it was to start with, and you should be fine
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:05 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,018 Posts
Hi Dilberto, I have to admit I've been having fun with it just the way it is, too. I watched your wobble vid, but I couldn't tell if the wobble is rythmic or not. To me, it seems more like a general lack of gyro participation. Is this how it feels to you? I hate to ask, but have you verified whether or not the Rx is switched to the WK setting?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:22 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Hello everybody, my name is dilberto, and i'm an addict. --- hello dilberto (appause..) --- I have completely turned the "room formerly known as the guest bedroom" into my helicopter work area.

Recently I've cleaned, organized, upgraded from standard boxes to Ikea boxes for storing spares, and hung some shelves and some pics and paintings on the wall that haven't been up in a long while. I attached some pics of my work area for shimmers and giggles

btw, how do you all stay organized? For me it's a work in progress right now...
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
Hello everybody, my name is dilberto, and i'm an addict. --- hello dilberto (appause..) --- I have completely turned the "room formerly known as the guest bedroom" into my helicopter work area.

Recently I've cleaned, organized, upgraded from standard boxes to Ikea boxes for storing spares, and hung some shelves and some pics and paintings on the wall that haven't been up in a long while. I attached some pics of my work area for shimmers and giggles

btw, how do you all stay organized? For me it's a work in progress right now...
This is great! I work off my kitchen table and gets sort of cluttered at times. I would like to take all this stuff out of sight but oh well. The was guest bed room is an exercise room w/small hide-a-bed for guests who almost never use it. If I could get that bed out of there I'd have a corner and most of a wall to work with.

Jack
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:50 PM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Hi Dilberto, I have to admit I've been having fun with it just the way it is, too. I watched your wobble vid, but I couldn't tell if the wobble is rythmic or not. To me, it seems more like a general lack of gyro participation. Is this how it feels to you? I hate to ask, but have you verified whether or not the Rx is switched to the WK setting?
I checked and it is set to the WK setting... I would have been happy to find that was the problem, but i guess not At first it felt like the gyro was out of control, but once i turned the gyro setting down, it seemed more like an extreme vibration on a somewhat slower frequency than the main blades. I'm still not sure if the frame is the issue, but i'm waiting for the tail bracket to come in to use as a frame support. I'm getting a little impatient waiting for it, and thinking about trying to find some sort of metal and make a bracket like mitchie did and see if that works.

The gyro's certainly were not participating, when they were turned up it was unflyable, when they were turned down, it became a small vibration (though then I didn't have the gyro's to aid in flying..)