HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:09 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
I use one in my Islander....I use a spektrum parkflyer rx in my fc without issue
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMJim View Post
I use one in my Islander....I use a spektrum parkflyer rx in my fc without issue
I have seen his Islander fly with no issues at all with that reciever in it. I might change out a bigger reciever from one of my other planes but the one i posted will still fly in another foamy at the same place we fly. I would trust one of these resievers over one of thos orange things from hobbyking anyday. joe
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I have seen his Islander fly with no issues at all with that reciever in it. I might change out a bigger reciever from one of my other planes but the one i posted will still fly in another foamy at the same place we fly. I would trust one of these resievers over one of thos orange things from hobbyking anyday. joe
I have been flying Orange receivers for 2 years. Six planes.

Not once have I had a hint of issues.

Just Saying
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
I have read other forums with problems with the orange recievers besides i get my recievers in a couple days not two weeks and i also think its hard to get any help from hobbyking if anything is wrong. Just saying . joe
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:48 AM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hipperson View Post
I'm not sure that slats would change the FC sufficiently to make it worth the effort.
I did look for a follow-up and saw none. Wonder how the slats worked out.

On another related topic I saw a Fiesler Storch fly 2 weeks ago and asked the guy how much diference in resources that STOL plane took up compared to the cub.

He said the Storch (German) cost $29,000 per new copy

Stinson about 24,000

Cub 1,700 stalled 1 MPH faster than the Storch but held less weight.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:37 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I think they are great, just not sure they are full range. I have had horrible luck with the OrangeRX's and to me just aren't worth the hassle. Good to know that those little guys are good from Value Hobby as I might get a few more for some other small foamies that I have been messing with.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
I think they are great, just not sure they are full range. I have had horrible luck with the OrangeRX's and to me just aren't worth the hassle. Good to know that those little guys are good from Value Hobby as I might get a few more for some other small foamies that I have been messing with.
I keep them in my small stuff mainly....usually planes with 3 servos....I've had interference from Spektrum rx's, like total blackout and over 5 seconds of deadstick divebombing...I've got lucky twice.
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:53 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
What does a rx have to do with a Fun Cub thread? This was a very informative thread. Dave/zeezee
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
What does a rx have to do with a Fun Cub thread? This was a very informative thread. Dave/zeezee
I would think a reciever would help the funcub get around but maybe its only me. joe
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:21 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,013 Posts
that cracksmeup....
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
I mean we talk about props .esc's wheels /wing slats it would be nice to hear who is using what rx run the thing. Jeeeez I have already change my rx to a bigger one because of reading others peoples posts here while i finish putting mine together . joe
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:37 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Anyone know a ballpark figure of amps drawn........

Motor 480 1000kv

Prop APC 12x6

Batt 3s 2200mah 40C
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:54 PM
I meant to do that
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
And speaking of receivers.....how about satellite receivers? Necessary for this plane, not bad to have, must have, don't worry about it? What's everyone's take?

And, inside the fuse, pasted on the outside (ugly imo), extend the antennae only?

I've had a Funcub for 8 months in a box in the garage and looking to start building. After I figure out how to sneak it into the house past my wife. You know, that whole "oh no, not another plane" issue.
eMoon is online now Find More Posts by eMoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Christmas Time
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:03 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,455 Posts
Thats what i went to after reading a couple post here new TO pro. As far as sneeking things past the wife ,learn from a old timer ,start out big and then they could care less about the small items.lmao joe
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:07 PM
I meant to do that
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Thats what i went to after reading a couple post here new TO pro. As far as sneeking things past the wife ,learn from a old timer ,start out big and then they could care less about the small items.lmao joe
If I brought that home, I definitely wouldn't have an issue with my plane, as I wouldn't have a wife anymore!
eMoon is online now Find More Posts by eMoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Christmas Time