HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2002, 11:33 PM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,404 Posts
Tiger Moth Golf

Think I may have invented a new sport this evening?

I am very blessed in that my home sets adjacent to a really nice par 3 golf course. What is better yet, no one EVER plays on it, however the homes association spends a fortune on the greens each year keeping them manicured and green so I can have a nice place to fly my electrics!! Usually I just pick a green and go fly. Tonight for some reason I thought it might be fun to fly from green to green. So I did. Took off from #5 in my backyard, flew around and over some trees and a lake and arrived at green #7 a few minutes later! On the way home I stopped in at #6 for a touch and go. What a blast! Not boring like golf

Hope to get nine holes in this weekend if the wind doesn't pick up!

Who knows I might decide to have a Mini Max invitational flying golf tournament this summer. Anyone in the Kansas City area interested?

Mike
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2002, 11:41 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hey Mike, I love it! Finally a good use for all those golf courses. I can only imagine how nice it must be to have greens for runways. I'm envious.

Only problem, around here they're always full of those pesky golfers.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old May 01, 2002, 11:42 PM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Hi OH NO Not you again I like the concept of actually doing something productive at a golf course like flying TigerMoths on them or I should say over them. Nice trees in the background, you can tell I dont fly there because theyre not decorated like Christmas trees with multicolored bits of foam and solarfilm. I'm just plain old jealous I guess. Best Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
Old May 01, 2002, 11:51 PM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,404 Posts
Golf courses WERE a waste of space before E-planes

I agree with both of you! Before I had electric airplanes I thought the damn things were just a waste of good real estate. Now it is heaven! If you are ever in the area, look me up and we'll do 9 holes!

Mike
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
Last edited by kansascloud; May 02, 2002 at 12:20 AM.
Old May 02, 2002, 12:15 AM
Portland OR/Lafayette, IN
Joined Apr 2002
14 Posts
heck make it a game! takeoff from one end, then see who land closest to the hole.
doug_or is offline Find More Posts by doug_or
Old May 02, 2002, 12:59 AM
Joined Apr 2002
28 Posts
dude u dont know how many golfcourses i look at and wish....dreaming about little rescue missions in the bunkers...if i lived there man id be over tommorrow no doubt...fore
pico-what? is offline Find More Posts by pico-what?
Old May 02, 2002, 01:11 AM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
3 words for you...

pico float flying

So THAT'S what water holes are for!

I'll be flying my Herr Cub off of one this summer
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter