SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:45 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
961 Posts
New Product
Tx Juice Stunt Plane

Here's a new plane just in at ToysR Us, and target. Seems to be a 2.4Ghz actuator plane. Looks like they decided to give it throttle, rudder and a button just to actuate the ailerons for rolls. Interesting. Note the side force generators on the wings, obviously designed based on many hobby grade planes (at least looks wise). I thought I'd share this with you guys since quite a few of us still like actuator planes. The gear may well be harvested for other projects. The plane it's self is EPP which makes it a tough little bird and possibly good for modding with the ailerons already attached. I don't know the weight, wingspan etc. I've seen the video and it seems to fly a bit strange since it has no dihedral in the wings, but it does roll.
MUTCAKE is online now Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:16 AM
Aimin at the ground an missing
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2014
186 Posts
So no elevator? must be like a 2.5 channel designation or something. We'll see if it's priced well enough to blow on a toy grade for some fun.
The Jackalope is online now Find More Posts by The Jackalope
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:18 AM
RCG Hover King
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
So no elevator? must be like a 2.5 channel designation or something. We'll see if it's priced well enough to blow on a toy grade for some fun.

NO! Don't "blow on a toy grade!!!" Buy a Carbon Cub SS!!!

Don't buy a Sport Cub S. Please.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCG Hover King Title
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:33 AM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
961 Posts
This ain't no Carbon Cub that's for sure. Not even close! This is really just a toy. Being that it's so small the challenge of putting hobby grade gear in it or using the gear for other smaller projects is what I'm interested in. Looks like the thing is really small. Price is $39. Maybe it will be cheaper after the holidays. I have just about every iteration of Parkzone/eflite plane there is, all in boxes gathering dust. I enjoy them all but have gotten bored lately. I don't even buy stuff from the LHS anymore. I almost miss the bit charger days of yore. This thing with it's actuator rudder (no elevator, throttle is the elevator) yet it has 2.4ghz radio instead of IR is sort of a Flashback to the Future kind of thing. Battery size judging from the manual looks to be 50mah or lower. So the gear may be very light.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:58 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,032 Posts
reminds me of the Sky Stunt: http://www.airhogs.com/site/product/sky-stunt-5
good idea but worked like crap for me.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Nov 25, 2014, 01:37 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
961 Posts
I've seen that one for the past couple years and have not bitten due to it's price. I also wanted to put some parkzone gear in it. I just could not part with 40 bucks plus tax just for a donor plane. Yeah this one is the same price, but should go on clearance after the holidays. Airhogs never seem to go down in price if they sell or not.
Last edited by MUTCAKE; Nov 25, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Jan 2007
5 Posts
tried it , has a lot more power than air hogs stuff, i never used the juice button so i just taped the ailerons straight and now it has a lot more wing area, i got it to climb to 30 meters until i was loosing sight. It becomes a lot more stable if you remove the vertical pieces on the front of the wings,
its a fun plane to mod to a 3 channel receiver, which I'm going to do, by the way the i'm going to move the rudder actuator to the elevator so im going to have aileron/elevator control. then, it's going to be a very fun plane... ,
it's on sale now at ToysRUs for 30 bucks
leokid is offline Find More Posts by leokid
Last edited by leokid; Dec 01, 2014 at 07:01 PM.