Old Oct 12, 2014, 05:17 AM
tow
Norway, Nord-Trondelag, Namsos
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Discussion
"Dead" Nano

Plugged in a Nano RX to day.
When applying power, no LED, no nothing!
The RX is brand new, never used, and yes, I connected a good NIMH 4.8 V directly to a port, polarity the "right" way. Still nothing! Please advice....
tow is offline Find More Posts by tow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2014, 08:05 AM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Aug 2004
72 Posts
To perform a RESET first make sure power is not connected to the receiver. Now, insert a binding plug into the channel port marked “B” and then connect power to the receiver (on any servo port). The LED will rapidly flash red. After about 7 seconds, the LED will begin to slow flash red and then turn off. Remove the binding plug and power. The system reset has occurred.
Jacksmobile is offline Find More Posts by Jacksmobile
Old Oct 12, 2014, 08:09 AM
Joined Aug 2004
72 Posts
If this does not work before sending in your nano plug battery voltage to receiver and carefully check voltage on any other + & - pins if you get battery voltage your battery voltage is getting thru so send in nano for a warranty replacement
Old Oct 12, 2014, 08:12 AM
Joined Aug 2004
72 Posts
Also check the voltage of your battery pack at the pins maybe a AA is inserted backwards it has happened so check voltage to verify :-) I've been reading these post since 2004 this would be the first doa I'm aware of reading about
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:25 PM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Reset is not working, and I positively KNOW the power is going thru. (Plugging the very same battery to another <Nano and it`s working.) Have to send the RX in I guess -Now how I go about that since postage from Norway costs the same as a new Nano I don`t quite see.........
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:59 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
If the power was plugged in backwards into the B/T port, it can damage the Nano. It's generally easy to tell because the voltage regulator (just above the B/T port) will be very hot when power is plugged in normally after the damage. This is the most common failure of the Nano. I could have put a diode inline to prevent this from being a problem but that would add about .6v to the minimum operating voltage, going from 1.8v to 2.4v, which I don't want.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2014, 02:36 PM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
If the power was plugged in backwards into the B/T port, it can damage the Nano. It's generally easy to tell because the voltage regulator (just above the B/T port) will be very hot when power is plugged in normally after the damage. This is the most common failure of the Nano. I could have put a diode inline to prevent this from being a problem but that would add about .6v to the minimum operating voltage, going from 1.8v to 2.4v, which I don't want.
To the best of my knowledge I hav`nt done that. I own around 10 of these already and as the backward polarity issue is mentioned in some post before I`m very well aware of that.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 08:52 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
It's not a problem as these, like all other electronics, have a lifetime warranty.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2014, 04:25 AM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Do I post it back to you then, with a note what`s wrong?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:13 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
Yes. See our home page on our website. Click the link about repair info.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:27 AM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
My order of 13.oct. ID 13104 still have status of "waiting on customer" Why?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 06:06 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
If you ordered a "repair" or "firmware upgrade" then we are waiting for the return of your item(s).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2014, 06:57 PM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
This items were returned to you posted on oct 13. I think it takes way too long. Is it not possible to send the ordered items (2 nanos) to me anyway?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:17 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
If we do that, we have to send you an invoice for the shipping cost to return the repaired item back to you.

PM me your order info. We have quite a few returns here that included no info at all - some don't have even a note or return address that is usable! Maybe you are one of those and we have your Nano.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2014, 04:52 AM
tow
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
The returned RX included a sheet specifying what is wrong with the item plus my full return-adress.
As for the return shipping-cost, I already paid for that, have I not?
PM sent.