HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2014, 04:00 AM
cambridge nz
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
Discussion
flying a gyro

Hi , I've been flying /crashing an HK c30 for a while now. today in a stiff breeze when turning back into the wind I couldn't level the thing and crashed again, not much damage though am I flying in to much wind do you think? any tips would be appreciated. PS I've made the hinge from a gallon oil can is it to floppy?
electronutter is offline Find More Posts by electronutter
Last edited by electronutter; Oct 01, 2014 at 03:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 08:47 PM
Joined Apr 2005
1,005 Posts
Knowing nothing else than what you've mentioned here, I wonder if the rudder was being used effectively. I've flown only a couple of different gyros (other than the Twirl) and it seems that rudder was extremely important with both of them. Without it, I'm not sure that you could make a successful turn in a wind. Also, the C-30 seems like a pretty difficult first autogyro...watched a friend with 40+ years of flying everything under the sun having a terrible time with that one! Good luck to you!
roidspop is offline Find More Posts by roidspop
Old Oct 06, 2014, 12:54 AM
cambridge nz
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
Thanks for the answer, on subsequent flights I've found that it turns with rudder only which I was not doing previously , I was trying to bank and yank style.
electronutter is offline Find More Posts by electronutter