HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Would you like to block someone from your thread?
Yes 48 72.73%
No 18 27.27%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:05 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,094 Posts
Discussion
Irritating individuals

I am giving a call to everyone that would like to lock that irritaing individual out of their thread.
Scroll to the bottom of any page, under site links is a contact us link, click it, the you can click on the site owner and the site programmer and send a message.
I have sent a message letting them know how nice it would be to have a lockout function to block an individual.
If others would join in maybe they will give us one.
ace4rc is offline Find More Posts by ace4rc
Last edited by ace4rc; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:40 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,391 Posts
Thank you!

Although, Maybe it would be better to have the thread as a poll? That would be more of a indication to the moderators how the membership feels.

Keep in mind that at least the FS/W (For Sale/Wanted) forums already have this feature.

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:43 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,094 Posts
Ask and you shall recieve.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:45 PM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,391 Posts
Voted YES!

EJWash
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:56 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,290 Posts
I voted
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:16 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,160 Posts
I know -I know.!
My take on the situation is that one needs to use tact on answering statements,which means the listener may not like what you say,and get upset,if you don't.

I had my 'moment' with him earlier this year,and I think I calmed him down for a while.,but it's started again.

I just give it back,and move on.-Did get a point when I called him an 'idiot'-he can BE one ,but you can't SAY he is.lol.

I don't use the "ignore" button(don't know how),...but then I may miss some useful information if I did use it.
We're human,,we all make mistakes,and screw up.....

I'd remove my remark about badgering,but the thread is closed,and I can't.However,I stand by the rest of my statement-That's my story,and I'm stickin' to it !
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:59 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,290 Posts
A good example of the badgering is when I said I misspoke when corrected about receivers drawing power through the BEC. Of course I meant the servos connected to the various receiver channels.... but even after I said I misspoke he posted his correction once again... it is irritating to have this kind of person around but, I won't be contributing in threads where he is posting, in hopes of avoiding this unwanted confrontation in the future.

The sad thing is this guy does have something to contribute if he could learn some social skills.
We have a couple of old guys at our club like this too. They annoy everybody.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:22 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,160 Posts
Yep- he's a knowledgeable man all right....but a little forethought would make his contributions much more acceptable.

You guys are like me-I think some people read just to find fault...They'll correct spelling for Pete's sake ! If I can understand what you're trying to say,I don't care how you spell it !

He was pointing out in RED letters other's mistakes at one time.I asked him to lower his blood pressure.

And there's another know it all,answering in blue....Makes you think he thinks he's different.Those answers aren't contributary,but just pointing out mistakes---always pointing out mistakes......
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,107 Posts
Like this, you mean?

bogbeagle is online now Find More Posts by bogbeagle
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:41 AM
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,223 Posts
I voted...I don't care for his brand of BS
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:53 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,504 Posts
For the record. My finger hit the vote No and I hit the vote button before I had a chance to change it. So I'm a Yes. Sorry guys.
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:58 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,361 Posts
My vote was yes. Funny how we all know who this is about. The thing about that thread is I was actually interested in seeing some info on the topic. It ended up being 6-7 pages of BS. I would be shocked to find 10 posts in the thread actually dealing with the topic.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:21 PM
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,094 Posts
Gentlemen! This was done in general, not in responce to one individual. Actually TWO. I will be starting a new build any day now. It is a 33% Andy Sherber Pitts s1s. It will be decked out scale. I did this simply because I will not do a build thread on Rcgroups with the two that I am thinking of. If how ever there was a block subscriber function, I would love to. I have been a member since 2007 and have not participated because of fore mentioned reasons. Life's too short. I have been participating for about two weeks and am already, ready, to drop back off. I do however have to agree with Earl, if not for the BS, that one could be a great asset to a build. The other is just an infant acting as such. Hopefully everyone of you sent a message to the owner and programmer.
Last edited by ace4rc; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:50 PM
I bail out, anywhere, anytime
The Netherlands, OV, Almelo
Joined Nov 2010
2,973 Posts
In general NO
Taurus Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Taurus Flyer
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:00 PM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
You guys are like me-I think some people read just to find fault...They'll correct spelling for Pete's sake ! If I can understand what you're trying to say,I don't care how you spell it !
My English lesson for zor was out of HIS criticism of others for their lack of command of the written English language. That was all. Pretty sure I warned him about glass houses, but he just kept on as usual.

Nobody wants to post feeling like the Almighty zor is lurking over their shoulder ready to pounce. And he himself has declared that it is his position to do so as he is looking-out for the "beginner" and "general reader". What is that?

As far as being "knowledgeable", whoopee! Knowledge does not have to be disseminated with the back of the hand. That is unless you're in fact insecure with what you know.

The effort here is for the OP to be able to remove unwanted posts. This is already an option for the W/FS (Wanted/For Sale) forums. Personally, I think this is a big step backward for the otherwise enjoyable, online camaraderie here. But the guy doesn't (and over the last few years) and won't ever get it. Earl, you have shared that you've tried to help the guy, and that it hasn't helped. Others have tried as well. It just doesn't work.

EJWash