SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SoloProFan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 12:14 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Can't you borrow someone's camera? Some pictures are usable, but others are almost too blurry to really help.

Possibility of using mCX parts for repairs has been added.
I'll see what I can do about the blurry pics.

Has anyone else ever try to duplicate EQMOD's dual swash plate mod for the NE Solo? I've been doing some research and the part I can't seem to find a source for is the metal flybar pivot:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...ebh_v2_002.jpg
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
Is this the Intellect battery that Solopro mentioned in his FAQ? Will this battery work for a bravo III? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intellect-3-7V-1...item35adf299e4
caunyd is offline Find More Posts by caunyd
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:50 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caunyd View Post
Is this the Intellect battery that Solopro mentioned in his FAQ? Will this battery work for a bravo III? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Intellect-3-7V-1...item35adf299e4
That is the high performance Intellect 130 that rivals the Hyperion 130 in performance. It will work with the Solo or Bravo III, but you will need to attach a battery wire to the heli, since this battery uses a different connector. And find a way to mount it since the battery holder was designed for Nine Eagles batteries. If you want a battery that performs closely to this one, but without having to modify the heli, Hobby King sells "replacement" batteries which perform very well, and are very cheap also. The 120 mAh is my favorite, the 150 mAh is also good, but heavier as well.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:44 PM
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
I need more down elevator

The Bravo III is my 1st heli. I find that when I apply down stick to go forwards, the heli moves forward for a while & then climbs. It will not maintain nose down/forward attitude. I use advanced mode on the Tx. Is sub trim/EPA adjust available on this Tx?
bricol45 is offline Find More Posts by bricol45
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Bravo III landing gear mod

The Bravo III landing gear is not very strong. I broke a leg & the forward curved part on one side by day 2! The following simple mod has dramatically increased the strength, with no breaks in a month. The gear legs are T-shaped in section, with a flat outside and a strengthening rib at the rear. I glued 1mm carbon fiber tube in the angle of the T on each leg with CA glue. This mod is very strong, weighs next-to-nothing & is invisible. I did the same along the landing skid. I got the tube at a Kite shop/factory, but some model shops should stock it.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
The Bravo III landing gear is not very strong. I broke a leg & the forward curved part on one side by day 2! The following simple mod has dramatically increased the strength, with no breaks in a month. The gear legs are T-shaped in section, with a flat outside and a strengthening rib at the rear. I glued 1mm carbon fiber tube in the angle of the T on each leg with CA glue. This mod is very strong, weighs next-to-nothing & is invisible. I did the same along the landing skid. I got the tube at a Kite shop/factory, but some model shops should stock it.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 05:37 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Decide to combine your three post in a row in this single one, for more clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricol45 View Post
The Bravo III is my 1st heli. I find that when I apply down stick to go forwards, the heli moves forward for a while & then climbs. It will not maintain nose down/forward attitude. I use advanced mode on the Tx. Is sub trim/EPA adjust available on this Tx?
Subtrim is available, but it will probably not help with your forward flight issue. If EPA is available on the Bravo III I don't know. It didn't seem to be on my Solo, but that one is from a much older production batch than the Bravo III, using an older type receiver. Perhaps someone with a Bravo III can chime in here to make thing more clear?

Quote:
Can you make some clear pictures? Sound like a nice mod, instead of getting Bravo SX skids, the black ones that is, which are reported to be stronger.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
Decide to combine your three post in a row in this single one, for more clarity.

Subtrim is available, but it will probably not help with your forward flight issue. If EPA is available on the Bravo III I don't know. It didn't seem to be on my Solo, but that one is from a much older production batch than the Bravo III, using an older type receiver. Perhaps someone with a Bravo III can chime in here to make thing more clear?

Can you make some clear pictures? Sound like a nice mod, instead of getting Bravo SX skids, the black ones that is, which are reported to be stronger.
I don't think a pic will work as the thin black tube is practically invisible against the black skid. If you get some carbon & CA & "attack" the skids you'll soon figure it out.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 02:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Quote:
I don't think a pic will work as the thin black tube is practically invisible against the black skid. If you get some carbon & CA & "attack" the skids you'll soon figure it out.
How about coloring the material in the pic, so it stands out better? Even with a simple program like Paint this is possible.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 02:19 AM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Quote:
How about coloring the material in the pic, so it stands out better? Even with a simple program like Paint this is possible.
Here you go
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:00 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Right what I meant, will add it to the "Mods-section" soon.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
21 Posts
Difficulty moving forward

I don't think I was terribly clear when I raised this originally. It was my 1st post & the Bravo III is my 1st heli.
When I apply down stick to fly forward, the heli moves forward for a short distance & then levels out and, naturally, climbs. It will not hold the nose down attitude needed for consistent forward flight. I use advanced mode on the Tx. Is this normal? Is sub trim/EPA adjust available on this Tx and would it help anyway? Would some nose weight help? What else can anyone suggest?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:00 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,597 Posts
Quote:
I don't think I was terribly clear when I raised this originally. It was my 1st post & the Bravo III is my 1st heli.
When I apply down stick to fly forward, the heli moves forward for a short distance & then levels out and, naturally, climbs. It will not hold the nose down attitude needed for consistent forward flight. I use advanced mode on the Tx. Is this normal? Is sub trim/EPA adjust available on this Tx and would it help anyway? Would some nose weight help? What else can anyone suggest?
It should keep moving forward. Not lightning fast, but it should not stop on it's own. Do you have excessive play on the servos? Any crashes? How does it fly backwards? Much faster or also slow?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:16 AM
San Antonio, TX.
Joined Feb 2009
644 Posts
Has anybody had any luck finding someone who has the Bravo III inner shaft in stock? The tabs that go into the blades broke off and are stuck in the blades. Any help would be appreciated.
malden86 is online now Find More Posts by malden86
Old Feb 15, 2011, 09:15 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malden86 View Post
Has anybody had any luck finding someone who has the Bravo III inner shaft in stock? The tabs that go into the blades broke off and are stuck in the blades. Any help would be appreciated.
Twingo & bravo III use the same inner shaft
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12029
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel