Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 02, 2014, 04:34 PM
Canada, ON, Paris
Joined Mar 2007
174 Posts
Discussion
Florida hobby shops/ fields near anna maria island

hey guys,

My family and I are vacationing right now in beautiful Anna Maria island!
First time here for us snowbirds and its spectacular!!
Looking for a hobby shop, to kill some rainy days and maybe go check out a flying field... hopefully with some racers!! We found one called George's online but looked a little sketchy
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Cory
cpaine is offline Find More Posts by cpaine
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2014, 04:39 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,361 Posts
The AMA web site has a search engine for finding flying fields All you need is the zip code for the area you are in...I will be in Florida in June and have already found a couple of fields that I plan on visiting and flying at...I always maintain an AMA membership even though I am currently living in Canada...just for such occasions
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer
Old May 02, 2014, 06:14 PM
Canada, ON, Orangeville
Joined Mar 2006
327 Posts
Cory What large city are you close to?
The weather must be a whole lot better than here, raining & wet.
k.fluney is offline Find More Posts by k.fluney
Old May 02, 2014, 08:55 PM
Canada, ON, Paris
Joined Mar 2007
174 Posts
thanks Artic flyer.... that helped. Obviously being Canadian, I didn't think of checking the AMA website.... we found the manatee club, sparks club, and the Sarasota club.... all within 20miles. couple of hobby shops in St. Petes....
we should of brought some planes!! lol....
Ken we are near Tampa. just southwest of it, north of Sarasota. Its pissing rain here today.
where do you normal stay when in fla??
cpaine is offline Find More Posts by cpaine
Old May 03, 2014, 04:50 PM
Canada, ON, Orangeville
Joined Mar 2006
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaine View Post
thanks Artic flyer.... that helped. Obviously being Canadian, I didn't think of checking the AMA website.... we found the manatee club, sparks club, and the Sarasota club.... all within 20miles. couple of hobby shops in St. Petes....
we should of brought some planes!! lol....
Ken we are near Tampa. just southwest of it, north of Sarasota. Its pissing rain here today.
where do you normal stay when in fla??
Cory We stay east of Ocala, at a little place called Salt Springs. To bad you where not closer to Orlando, you could have checked out Graves Hobbies.
k.fluney is offline Find More Posts by k.fluney
Old May 03, 2014, 07:50 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Jan 2006
1,361 Posts
I'm going to Esprit in late June...and I know there is no way I'm walking out of that store without spending tons of money
arcticflyer is offline Find More Posts by arcticflyer