Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Discussion
Windows 7 not recognizing my eLogger4 when plugged in?

Hi, I just bought the eLogger4 and installed the software included with the disk. After I installed it, I ran this wizard that is supposed to help you plug in the eLogger4 and get it set up to use in the software. However, when I plug in my eLogger4 with the given mini USB into my laptop that runs windows 7, my laptop doesnt recognize it, and nor does it pop up with any drivers to install like the instruction manual said it would do. The LED light blinks about once every second repeatedly..if that means anything..

what should i do?
mfische is offline Find More Posts by mfische
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,917 Posts
Hi, that blink pattern indicates that it's getting power from the PC, but the USB is not connecting (as I think you realized).

I can think of a couple of causes:
1) if, when you plug the USB into the laptop, the laptop presents a USB error, there may be a compatibility problem. If that's the case, could you try rebooting the laptop, temporarily try a different PC, or try a USB hub?
2) if nothing at all happens at all on the PC, is the plug fully seated in the eLogger? If so (and the above steps don't bear fruit either) I am wondering if there may be an issue with either the cable or the eLogger's plug. This seems unlikely as USB connectivity with the eLogger is the last thing tested here, but I don't want to rule that out.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor