Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Need info...

I got 2 units of the Guardian, and mounted one of them on my calmato sport.
When I power on the guardian, the aileron surface moves all the way up and then comes back down to neutral position.
Is this normal?
If not is there some way of resetting the unit?
Is there a default with position or boot sequence?
abhaypawar is offline Find More Posts by abhaypawar
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:22 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaypawar View Post
I got 2 units of the Guardian, and mounted one of them on my calmato sport.
When I power on the guardian, the aileron surface moves all the way up and then comes back down to neutral position.
Is this normal?
If not is there some way of resetting the unit?
Is there a default with position or boot sequence?
It happens on all of mine. It happens when I turn on the receiver before the transmitter and sometimes even if the transmitter is on first and it takes a few seconds for the receiver to connect to the transmitter. It doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:22 AM
Left the trainer phase
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Værløse
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
It happens on all of mine. It happens when I turn on the receiver before the transmitter and sometimes even if the transmitter is on first and it takes a few seconds for the receiver to connect to the transmitter. It doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Steve
I have five Guardian 2D-3D mounted in different planes. They all behave like that most of the time when I connect to the flightpack.
Bodolf is offline Find More Posts by Bodolf
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Aug 2005
957 Posts
Suggestion:
I'd like to have the programming option to change my 3 position flap switch (mode) from:
2D - off - 3D
To:
3D, heading hold off, rate on - off - 3D, heading hold on, rate on.
t.edwards is offline Find More Posts by t.edwards
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.edwards View Post
Suggestion:
I'd like to have the programming option to change my 3 position flap switch (mode) from:
2D - off - 3D
To:
3D, heading hold off, rate on - off - 3D, heading hold on, rate on.
Its a difficult choice of what to have selected before flight!!!!! Ive found flying in 2D mode can be amazing with my Extra 260 as I can just throw the sticks anywhere, perform countless snap rolls, flat spins and many other heart in mouth moments and know if I let the sticks go Im safe!!!!! I prefer to do ground takeoffs in direct rate 3D and hand launches in heading hold, normal flying around in direct rate and learning 3D in heading hold. Making the choice before flight is proving to be a challenge !!!!!!!
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Aug 2005
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
Its a difficult choice of what to have selected before flight!!!!! Ive found flying in 2D mode can be amazing with my Extra 260 as I can just throw the sticks anywhere, perform countless snap rolls, flat spins and many other heart in mouth moments and know if I let the sticks go Im safe!!!!! I prefer to do ground takeoffs in direct rate 3D and hand launches in heading hold, normal flying around in direct rate and learning 3D in heading hold. Making the choice before flight is proving to be a challenge !!!!!!!
I have easier choices, I haven't found a 2D setting(s) I like so it's just 3D. 3D heading hold is plenty, 2D just seems "odd" even with the "box" size minimized.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
I like Golden Age
Minnesota
Joined Apr 2007
216 Posts
minimal rudder movement from guardian

Hello

I have my new guardian and I installed it in a chipmunk. I am using a a DX6i with a Ar8000 receiver.
I have the gain set all the way on all three axis.
I have the rudder set to full throw in the transmitter setup.
I do not have dual rates or any other feature set up in the radio.
Simple, straightforward 3 axis fixed wing setup.

The guardian blinks for a 2D setting.

Anyway, when I twirl the plane in its various axis I get good movement in pitch and roll but just a smidge in rudder. Not sure why.
I do get full rudder throw with my stick.

I expected the rudder to move similar to the pitch and roll. It does not. It deflects so little I doubt that it would do much good. I was hoping it would be useful for my takeoffs with my tail draggers.

Any ideas? how do I get the guardian to give more yaw movement to the rudder?
ronj10 is offline Find More Posts by ronj10
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
Left the trainer phase
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj10 View Post
Hello

I have my new guardian and I installed it in a chipmunk. I am using a a DX6i with a Ar8000 receiver.
I have the gain set all the way on all three axis.
I have the rudder set to full throw in the transmitter setup.
I do not have dual rates or any other feature set up in the radio.
Simple, straightforward 3 axis fixed wing setup.

The guardian blinks for a 2D setting.

Anyway, when I twirl the plane in its various axis I get good movement in pitch and roll but just a smidge in rudder. Not sure why.
I do get full rudder throw with my stick.

I expected the rudder to move similar to the pitch and roll. It does not. It deflects so little I doubt that it would do much good. I was hoping it would be useful for my takeoffs with my tail draggers.

Any ideas? how do I get the guardian to give more yaw movement to the rudder?
I have found that if you enable some strong head holding in 2D, the Guardian counteracts the rudder with the ailerons to stay on course, and it does it very efficiently. If you disable head holding, it turns nicely with the rudder.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.edwards View Post
I have easier choices, I haven't found a 2D setting(s) I like so it's just 3D. 3D heading hold is plenty, 2D just seems "odd" even with the "box" size minimized.
Land on day when the wind is gusting to 30 mph. You will like 2D.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ripon
Joined Dec 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
+1 I set level flight to slightly nose up I can now bring in the Extra 260 down just using throttle for the perfect 3 point landing and not worry a bit about crosswind throwing it around
Simon2504 is offline Find More Posts by Simon2504
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
Left the trainer phase
Joined Jul 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2504 View Post
+1 I set level flight to slightly nose up I can now bring in the Extra 260 down just using throttle for the perfect 3 point landing and not worry a bit about crosswind throwing it around
Maybe a "newbie comment", but I love the combo of 2D-3D. The 2D has saved my planes from crashing many times when I have pushed myself to the limits of my experience learning acrobatics: As soon as I can't handle it I engage 2D, and the plane levels out immediately. I learn much faster with this "safety net" under my planes, without being punished by ending up with a wreck and a lost flying day for each serious mistake. And I love 2D for landing in wind.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Aug 2005
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
3D heading hold, high alpha harrier, and just catch the plane.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:28 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,086 Posts
Hi all

Am just attempting a hook up of my first Guardian
Apart from having to reverse all the gains so that the controls go the right way, it seem,s to work OK, but the LED is blinking continuously i.e. no pauses at all, & a continuously blinking LED is not listed anywhere in the manual.

Does anyone know what this may mean?

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:19 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,031 Posts
Help, ET Software not Recognizing Guardian

Hi Guys
I have just tried to connect my Guardian to my PC but the ET software doesn't seem to recognize the unit.

I have uninstalled previous versions of the ET software and loaded the Beta Version 10.43

I start the program and it asks me to go through the Recorder Configuration Wizard

At this stage i have already connected the guardian and the computer has been though its auto detection routine and all is fine there.

The Guadian is also showing the 3 flash code for being connected to USB.
I have tried from USB power only and i have tried with the main flight pack also connected to the system and there is no difference.

The ET software doesn't recognize the Guardian and the Next button stays grayed out and i cant move forward.

What am I doing wrong Gents?

Any pointers will be gratefully received

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is online now Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Feb 2009
7 Posts
Need info to connect 2 servos on elevator

Can i connect the AUX to the second elevator servo, this setup is required for my gasoline plane.
Where as the aileron can be managed by using a Y connector.
abhaypawar is offline Find More Posts by abhaypawar