Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2010, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2009
14 Posts
Help!
my FPV problems: fuzzy reception and low r/c range

Hi all, I have a couple FPV problems.
first, my video reception is really poor, and theres lots of static and it cuts in and out all the time. here is one my videos, but keep in mind i edited ou the real fuzzy parts where the video went out.
FPV003-Crash! (6 min 15 sec)

im using a range video 500mw 900 mhz transmitter and receiver. im using a 5gbi omnidirectional antenna. i have a patch, but i havent tried it yet as im just flying close range and would have to move it around alot.

does anyone have any suggestion to improve my video reception? is the 2.4 ghz technolgy better and give me a clearer video? or should i try a diversity receiver? what kind of video setups are you guys using to give you the video signal to travel long distances.

also, i have one more problem. my range on my 2.4 ghz Spektrum DX6i is really short. When I have the 900 mhz transmitter on, i can only get to about a half mile away before the controls "stick" and the plan will almost crash. i think its because i have the r/c receiver and the A/V transmitter close together. do i need to space them out?

any input is much appreciated. thanks!
bmwNick is offline Find More Posts by bmwNick
Last edited by bmwNick; Jul 08, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2010, 03:26 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,106 Posts
Switch to the patch.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
This has the same quality as my set up, I have the Boscam 305 RX and the TS 351 TX.
I had perfect reception day one, very clear too then after a problem with my monitor(probably not related to the TX problem), I lost all range. I replaced the RX with a new TS 351 . got 70% better range but the picture Quality sucks now. next timeI'll get Immersion RC gear!
timbits is offline Find More Posts by timbits
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwNick View Post
also, i have one more problem. my range on my 2.4 ghz Spektrum DX6i is really short. When I have the 900 mhz transmitter on, i can only get to about a half mile away before the controls "stick" and the plan will almost crash. i think its because i have the r/c receiver and the A/V transmitter close together. do i need to space them out?

any input is much appreciated. thanks!
That is close to the limit of a dx6i. Should be able to get ~1000m (3280')
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider