Old Mar 19, 2015, 04:11 PM
Find More Posts by theheliman
MOMMY! WERES MY HELI
United States, TN, Franklin
Joined Feb 2015
163 Posts
Gallery
post your model working battleships

post your model battleships(that work) and can be used in model combat succesfully
theheliman is offline Find More Posts by theheliman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:13 AM
MOMMY! WERES MY HELI
Joined Feb 2015
163 Posts
cool
Old Mar 20, 2015, 05:38 PM
MOMMY! WERES MY HELI
Joined Feb 2015
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanin View Post
From a battle last summer.
what ship as that supposed to be
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by Harquebus
I see all your typos
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,298 Posts
Have to say to all who have contributed photos: these are some of the best looking combat warships I have ever seen. Past experience with these vessels (just research) showed that nary a few ships were constructed with the level of detail seen here. The great bulk seemed to be crudely constructed because the popular sentiments of the operators were that it was going to get shot up anyway so why bother with all the lovely scale detail?

If memory serves, most of the ones I've seen were the smaller scale 1/144 class and not 1/72. How do you all keep the scale appearance intact or does the larger scale make it easier?
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Altering the Tug Hull
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,762 Posts
Now you know the reason I am so adept at making new parts, molding them, and casting duplicates.

The 1/72nd scale model combat warship clubs have "minimum detail rules".
If a builder did not at least try to put detail on the ship then they wouldn't be allowed to participate.
The idea being, that if other members gave the effort to provide such a pretty target, it
wouldn't be fair to let an under or un-detailed ship and builder participate.

During the height of one combat season, I was baffled at the amount of damage my superstructure was taking.
There are no points for hitting above the weather deck. So the amount of damage so high up on
the ship was a bit strange. During one of the breaks between sorties, one of the skippers came
bouncing through the pits asking each person about damage and chatting up the last battle.
He came over to my pit table, and commented on how wonderfully damaged my ship looked.
He then pointed out that I still had a life raft on the rack up by the port bridge wing, and
said, "That won't be there after the next sortie..."

Sure enough, the life raft was gone when my ship returned to the harbor after the following battle.

And a month later, at the next battle all the holes would be patched, and the details replaced.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki