New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by ginnmd
United States, TX, College Station
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Discussion
Glasses with FPV goggles ?

Hello, new to site. Just got FatShark V2 for present, My problem is I'm so nearsighted, even the vision insert corrections will not be enough correction, so I'll have to wear glasses with the goggles. Any adapter devises or suggestions that maybe I haven't heard of since I,m new. Thanks Tom G
ginnmd is offline Find More Posts by ginnmd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,863 Posts
Go to you optometrist and have him make some custom lenses for you. If he's good enough to make granny glasses, he's good enough to make diopters. New hardened glass means newer eyeglasses are actually thinner and lighter than the older generations, it can be made even thinner since they're just inserts and not meant to be constantly exposed to the elements like regular glasses. Hopefully that's enough to make them fit inside the slots.
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnmd View Post
Hello, new to site. Just got FatShark V2 for present, My problem is I'm so nearsighted, even the vision insert corrections will not be enough correction, so I'll have to wear glasses with the goggles. Any adapter devises or suggestions that maybe I haven't heard of since I,m new. Thanks Tom G
Just try the fat shark diopter lens kit. They come with pairs of -2, -4, -6 lens so you can mix/match what works best for you. You don't need to take the whole eye covers off like the instructions say. Just gently lift the bit by the nose and slip the lens in it's slot. Easiest way to see what is probably going to work best is to hold on of the lens close to your eye and look at something ~2m away. Try this on both eyes and pick the best combo. I'm pretty near sighted and found that -2 on my left eye and -4 on my right eye worked best for me. Really makes everything nice and clear. Highly recommend them.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/headset-...rt-kit-fsv1805
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC