Joined Aug 2012
1,772 Posts
Discussion
Boscam Storm FPV Goggles GS 922 with Diversity and Built in DVR

http://www.tecnic.co.uk/Boscam-Storm...-with-DVR.html

That's all the info I have
Anyone else know any more ?
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Last edited by Dogdude; May 18, 2014 at 01:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by outbackkanga
Joined Aug 2013
61 Posts
Looks like the ultimate goggle has Dual receiver diversity , DVR ,Headtracking and no horrible eye cups , it has the soft black Boscam full eye shroud which is extremly comfy to wear.

Binocular Goggle Display:
Field of View FOV = 30 degrees diagonal
Resolution = 854 x 480 (WVGA)
Brightness = 350cd/m2

DVR:
Video Resolution = 640 x 480 at 30fps
Memory Capacity = Micro SD Card

Wireless Receiver:
Frequency = 32 channels 5.8GHz
Sensitivity = -90 dBm +/- 1dBm
Antenna Connection = RP-SMA 50ohm
Video Standard = NTSC / PAL
A/V Input = 3.5mm 4 way, Video and Audio
DC Input = 5v 1 amp
Size = 172 x 88 x 60mm
outbackkanga is offline Find More Posts by outbackkanga
Last edited by outbackkanga; Jul 02, 2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by DeValk
Mr. Electron
Chilliwack, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
320 Posts
I have a set of their original goggles and have been very happy with them. Can't wait for these to come out.
DeValk is offline Find More Posts by DeValk
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:13 AM
Find More Posts by Witoldc
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
I asked about the new Walkera googles recently that have similar specs to this set, but no info...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2199380
Witoldc is offline Find More Posts by Witoldc
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by dhardjono
Joined Jul 2013
200 Posts
I just order this goggle from Buddy/RC they have them in stock it was sent to me today i let you guy know how it is comparing to my skyzone.
dhardjono is offline Find More Posts by dhardjono
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by francischie
United States, CA, Eastvale
Joined Dec 2013
280 Posts
Waiting for your review.

I'm still holding my purchase for domv2 because of this. I hope it has better LCD and lens than skyzone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardjono View Post
I just order this goggle from Buddy/RC they have them in stock it was sent to me today i let you guy know how it is comparing to my skyzone.
francischie is offline Find More Posts by francischie
Old Oct 30, 2014, 09:22 AM
Find More Posts by Hobbyzone.Au
More air time please!
Australia, VIC, Bayswater
Joined Sep 2013
564 Posts
I had the original boscam one from 3 years ago. Works well. . Only thing was that it didn't seal the light out well. Unless its just my face. . Lol

I just got my skyzones today. Wider view was weird at first. Look fwd to reviews!
Hobbyzone.Au is online now Find More Posts by Hobbyzone.Au
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by tjdeater
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Nov 2007
87 Posts
I received my GS922 goggles from BuddyRC yesterday. I like the fit (I wear progressive eye glasses) and the video quality seems decent (maybe not quite as good as my current Head Play goggles) but I'm having a number of issues with them. Below is the note I just sent to Boscam:

-------

I received the GS922 goggles yesterday. When I turn them on the first time, they work great. However, after power-cycling the goggles the video quality degrades dramatically, rendering the goggles unusable. The only way to restore the video quality is to power off the goggles for 30 minutes or so, and then they work fine again (until the next power-cycle).

I don't think the problem is heat-related, because it happens even if I power-cycle the goggles after using them for just a few minutes. I've tested both 2s and 3s batteries and have had the same issue with both types of batteries.

It also doesn't matter which channel my video transmitter is using. I've tried all of the Band E channels on my TS353 transmitter and I have the same issue.

The goggles have also "crashed" on me a few times during auto channel-scan.
tjdeater is offline Find More Posts by tjdeater
Old Oct 31, 2014, 04:52 AM
Find More Posts by Dogdude
Joined Aug 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyzone.Au View Post
I had the original boscam one from 3 years ago. Works well. . Only thing was that it didn't seal the light out well. Unless its just my face. . Lol

I just got my skyzones today. Wider view was weird at first. Look fwd to reviews!
Same here
Love my original AIO Boscam goggles, still use them now but due to my thin head they don't seal well at the sides, letting light in, and absolutely nothing sticks to that silicone rubber sheild to block out the light

Maybe I can fit some Skyzone eyecups to a set of Boscam goggles , best of all worlds for me then
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Oct 31, 2014, 07:44 AM
Find More Posts by _Milo_
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdeater View Post
I received my GS922 goggles from BuddyRC yesterday. I like the fit (I wear progressive eye glasses) and the video quality seems decent (maybe not quite as good as my current Head Play goggles) but I'm having a number of issues with them. Below is the note I just sent to Boscam:

-------

I received the GS922 goggles yesterday. When I turn them on the first time, they work great. However, after power-cycling the goggles the video quality degrades dramatically, rendering the goggles unusable. The only way to restore the video quality is to power off the goggles for 30 minutes or so, and then they work fine again (until the next power-cycle).

I don't think the problem is heat-related, because it happens even if I power-cycle the goggles after using them for just a few minutes. I've tested both 2s and 3s batteries and have had the same issue with both types of batteries.

It also doesn't matter which channel my video transmitter is using. I've tried all of the Band E channels on my TS353 transmitter and I have the same issue.

The goggles have also "crashed" on me a few times during auto channel-scan.
In the specs it shows 5V 1A for power supply, which made me think they had an internal battery. Whats the power input connection a USB??
_Milo_ is online now Find More Posts by _Milo_
Old Oct 31, 2014, 09:17 AM
Joined Nov 2007
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Milo_ View Post
In the specs it shows 5V 1A for power supply, which made me think they had an internal battery. Whats the power input connection a USB??
Yes, USB connected to a breakout box that accepts 2s or 3s battery input via balance connectors. The breakout box also provides AV in/out. You can see the breakout box in this image:

http://www.buddyrc.com/media/catalog..._gs922_4_1.jpg
Old Oct 31, 2014, 09:21 AM
Joined Nov 2007
87 Posts
A quick update on my goggles: Buddy RC support has been very helpful and I just sent my goggles back for exchange today.

I was able to do one quick test flight with the goggles (forgot to put a card in the DVR though) and was quite pleased with the video quality. Much more comfortable than my ski-goggle-mounted Head Plays, and I think the video refresh rate is somewhat higher as well.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by _Milo_
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
775 Posts
Excellent, I like BuddyRc, but never had an issue with anything I bought there, good to know they helped you out.
_Milo_ is online now Find More Posts by _Milo_
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:21 PM
Joined Jul 2013
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdeater View Post
A quick update on my goggles: Buddy RC support has been very helpful and I just sent my goggles back for exchange today.

I was able to do one quick test flight with the goggles (forgot to put a card in the DVR though) and was quite pleased with the video quality. Much more comfortable than my ski-goggle-mounted Head Plays, and I think the video refresh rate is somewhat higher as well.
I got mine i have no problems except some line scratch on lens but i don't see them wearing it what i am having problem is how do i get band 3 on freqency so far i love how it look the osd and fit on my face. The connector is male so i need adapter for my antenna .
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2013
200 Posts
pictures

some pics