New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2015, 01:41 AM
Find More Posts by midelic
Joined Apr 2012
4,343 Posts
Yes PWM..RSSI on channel 6 pin (in PPM mode)means no channels servo only PPM out(jumper between channel one and channel 3) on channel 5 and RSSI on channel 6.pin.
Now the output is raw RSSI in dbm so maximum RSSI after filtering(analog to V) RSSI PWM you may get around 1.1V.Need some testing to see.I didn't tested it.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by jhitesma
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
317 Posts
I can confirm that it flashes and functions as an RX.

But I'm trying to figure out how to wire up PWM RSSI to my BrainFPV board to test the RSSI out so I can't confirm or deny if that's working just yet.

And even if I do I'm not willing to flight test it without failsafe. Any chance of a .hex with failsafe configured to drop all PPM outputs to 0? I'm going to keep digging on how to wire up the RSSI signal on my Brain board (It's supposed to be possible but I can't figure out where to set it up yet.) but without failsafe I'm not brave enough to flight test since I already lost one multi to lack of failsafe (thankfully I had my contact info on it and the guy who found it returned it.) And in fact that's why I love using your code and making my own RX since FlySky doesn't seem to have any RX's with failsafe commercially available and I won't fly without it now

If I don't get the wiring figured out I'll at least put my scope on it and confirm the output looks sane. But I should have a rare (for me) opportunity to fly tomorrow and would love to flight test it if possible.
jhitesma is offline Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Apr 12, 2015, 01:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,343 Posts
There is failsafe build in...RX(after 1.5 seconds kicks in ,...you can test with servo stop tx and see servo going to neutral after 1.5 sec) which put throttle to zero and all other channels to neutral.I'm not sure if it is safe to drop all channels to zero when no signal.The bird will drop like a rock from the sky if there is no controlled landing( a little)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 02:21 AM
Find More Posts by jhitesma
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
317 Posts
Yes. I should have been more clear. There is failsafe just not what I need as failsafe This is on my quad and I have the flight controller setup to expect all channels at 0 to trigger the flight controller to go into it's failsafe. (which I actually do have setup darn close to drop like a rock but that's another discussion )

The failsafe is indeed setting Ch 2 (throttle) to 1000 and the others to 1500. Just for my use case that won't trigger failsafe in my controller. I have my other RX using your code setup with:

Code:

for (n=0;n<8;n++){
        Servo_data[n] = 0;
        ppm[n] = 0;
}
Which has worked great for me. In fact it's saved me from two potential fly away situations

BTW - While it does look like it's doing the right thing on my scope - I also tried hooking serial and I'm not seeing anything there. Did this hex not have serial debugging enabled?
jhitesma is offline Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Apr 12, 2015, 02:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,343 Posts
No serial debugging.If I activate serial will drop frames.I will send to you the source and you can activate there..Anyway is posted on first page .Also I will modify for all off data.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 02:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,343 Posts
O k see the source.
If you comment #define FAILSAFE is going to all off after 1.5 sec(you can reduce the counter value from 700 to whatever you want).
If you comment out
#define DEBUG_RSSI
you'll see serial RSSI.
Not tested ,For flying don't activate any debug routine,
Waiting for feedback.I'm at work cannot test myself.
Enjoy!

edit:
forgot to add one line in interrupt to be the same also for servo PWM all off.
if(all_off){
Servo_Ports_LOW;//all servo ports low
digitalWrite(sigPin, 0);
return;
}
Last edited by midelic; Apr 12, 2015 at 03:22 AM.