New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Bruno Stachel, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 07, 2011, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
Edgewood, KY (Cincinnati)
Joined Jan 2004
203 Posts
Discussion
Winnipeg Jets New Logo

The Winnipeg Jets of the NHL have upgrade their unis. Very nice!

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/69...air-force-base
Bruno Stachel is online now Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
Last edited by Bruno Stachel; Sep 07, 2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Hepdog
Registered Plan-a-holic
Stonewall, MB, Can
Joined Jul 2004
2,884 Posts
First I gotta say that seeing this on RCGroups is completly random

Secondly, seeing where yur from is even more random

However, I met a fellow on a NY subway in May and he noted I was studying the subway map pretty hard. He offered assistance and then we started chatting it up. Naturally, conversation turnt to "where you from". When I said "Winnipeg (area)" he immediatly started talking about the return of the Jets.

It's pretty cool to me how Hockey (sports in general) can bring such varied cultures together....maybe that's why them folks in the middle east are such a nasty bunch - no FUN to be had!
Hepdog is offline Find More Posts by Hepdog
Old Sep 08, 2011, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel
Edgewood, KY (Cincinnati)
Joined Jan 2004
203 Posts
I grew up watching the Cincinnati Swords (Sabres AHL farm team). Then the WHA formed, and we ended up with the Stingers. I had season tickets, and got to see the original Winnipeg Jets team a number of times.

I can't prove it, but I like to say I saw the Great One, since he played with the Racers then Oilers before the league got absorbed by the NHL.
Bruno Stachel is online now Find More Posts by Bruno Stachel