Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:09 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
The advantage of using separate channels for ailerons is being able to subtrim each one independently. And, you don't have to make or purchase a Y-cable It also makes it easier to reverse just one servo if needed. Not normally needed, but in some models the position of the servo is determined by the mounting position, like in some glider wings. Using a Y cable makes it impossible to use the TX to reverse just one servo.

Other than that, I see no problems with the Y.

Diggs
Good point Diggs, I may try it just because I can, I can always copy the model over and make one with a "Y" if I screw it up since I got sooooo many storage spots now... I love this critter...

-S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:13 PM
-S-
Just one more..... Just one...
United States, TX, Henderson
Joined Jan 2010
1,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I knew it,thats auto tech lingo..rtfm..lolol i need to get out of this bus too.it has destroyed my hip.

Yup all my close friends stayed in the biz, and one had an issue with a Tranny and can't work any more another screwed up his back from lifting, and is in constant pain and cant work of course now I'm a fat butt because I sit down all day so I got mine as well :-)

I still do all my own work still have all the tools 15+ years later.

Part of the reason I love this hobby, I can use my intense curiosity of "what happens if I do this" and odds are I'm not going ti kill anyone

I can fix anything, I bet many of us here are Tech's in one form or another!

Sorry to get off topic, Aurora Jams There it's still on topic!

-S-
-S- is offline Find More Posts by -S-
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:27 PM
USA, LA, Sulphur
Joined Apr 2006
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Amen brotha but I dont appreciate it on here. I have an opinion like everyone else.

Ground position is what the gps is intended for. Ground speed is a by product of the gps information. Yes you will not get true airspeed from the gps but that was never its intended purpose. Ground position sensor.

As for the argument about ground speed vs airspeed for the model does it really matter? If I am flying a toy plane in a 10 mph wind and I fly that model 200ft will it really matter to you that it sped up over that distance. At that point this is not a toy and you dont have the right equipment for what you are trying to achieve. Its relative.
Sorry but GPS stands for Global Positioning System not Ground position sensor.
dfrazier is offline Find More Posts by dfrazier
Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:39 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Yep..your right. Well it was close enough for government work at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier View Post
Sorry but GPS stands for Global Positioning System not Ground position sensor.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:19 PM
Mcminnville, Or USA
Joined Jul 2009
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
Yep..your right. Well it was close enough for government work at the time.
Watch it.........the last time you started talking about ground speed........well you know the rest of the story.
zero2444 is offline Find More Posts by zero2444
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:03 AM
Joined Feb 2003
3,754 Posts
Is hitec coming out with a carrying case for the A9?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
Last edited by Xnaron; Oct 31, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:21 AM
Mooore Power!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2010
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry View Post
Only program the module if you are using it in anything besides the Aurora. For the Aurora, once you are connected tap on the battery icon and set the low battery warning there. I'm very happy with 3.3v per cell.

The balance tap will work but hard wiring it is best.

Mike.
Can the module alarm voltage be programmed?
PsychoPilot is offline Find More Posts by PsychoPilot
Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:49 AM
Big Extra
USA, CA, Lincoln
Joined Apr 2003
1,212 Posts
The new sticks are 5mm shorter. It does make a difference for me...personal preference of course. So, what extensions will fit? Does anyone know of a good place to get one?

I'm all set now with equipment.

1 A9
1 Optic 6 for buddy
1 buddy box cable
13 recievers

Now I just need the neckstrap balancer, some stick extensions and a GPS for speedo. I cant wait!

It's too bad Hitec didn't throw in a neck strap with those TXs. It's a shame I have to use a JR strap with my A9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
Your sticks are 1 inch too.
My A9 sticks are shorter than my Futaba tx. I had to take the tips off the Futaba, they were too long.
rino is offline Find More Posts by rino
Old Jul 17, 2010, 06:37 AM
Michigan
Joined Dec 2008
2,007 Posts
Gas sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT Power View Post
Mike wrote that it would not work with Gas a while back .
Mike ...Is this still like that ?

""" found it over on the other RC...."""
Mike wrote:
"""" The Telemetry system will be in the stores Late July/ Early August.
We're still testing and hope to have the fuel sensors work with gasoline in the future.
The Spectra Pro 72mhz module in due in Sept. """"
Mike is this true that the fuel sensor will not work with gas i all ready pre order one I'm hope that this is not true and why would it not work with gas and oil mix heli and planes the sensor goes on the out side of the tank so how does it tell how much fuel you have?
tom6696950 is offline Find More Posts by tom6696950
Last edited by tom6696950; Jul 17, 2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: add stuff
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:33 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6696950 View Post
Mike is this true that the fuel sensor will not work with gas i all ready pre order one I'm hope that this is not true and why would it not work with gas and oil mix heli and planes the sensor goes on the out side of the tank so how does it tell how much fuel you have?
I'm assuming that sensor is similar in technology as a rain sensor on a windshield of a car that has "rainsense technology"not exacly sure why the difference in the glow fuel and gas mess with it tho.maybe density of the fuels are different?if it is a light change detector not sure why it would care
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:08 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,925 Posts
Holy monkey I know right.

And for the record I did not bring it up. I just responded to the correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero2444 View Post
Watch it.........the last time you started talking about ground speed........well you know the rest of the story.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Last edited by going4speed; Jul 17, 2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 09:12 AM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Hi
I'm trying to install the new version of HPP22 software (1.02). I dowloaded it from the hitec website and uninstall the previous version.

At the end of the installation i get this message :

C:\windows\system32\hidcrtp.dll has not been made to run under windows or it contain an error ( translation from french) and i also get a second similar message witer the file meter.ocx.

I'm on Windows 7 professional - 64 bit.

I'have already try to run the sotfware in compatibility mode win XP3 but still the same problem.
Of course it's impossible to start HPP22 software i get a message which said there is a problem with the meter.ocx file.

The old version was working perfectly without doing something special, just install it.

So have you got idea of the problem ? Does someone has already get it ?

Thanks
Dany
Cordan is offline Find More Posts by Cordan
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:03 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,805 Posts
Cordon, you should run the actual install as an administrator. Then you also have to run the software as an administrator. Just right-click on the program icon and select "run as administrator". Stupid, I know. I had the same thing happen to me. Microsoft just keeps making Windows less and less user friendly.
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:59 PM
Belgium
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_of_Change View Post
Cordon, you should run the actual install as an administrator. Then you also have to run the software as an administrator. Just right-click on the program icon and select "run as administrator". Stupid, I know. I had the same thing happen to me. Microsoft just keeps making Windows less and less user friendly.
i found the solution. the solution that you propose, i had tried befor post this message. In fact for a reason that i don't understand, these file was on the computer on windows\SYSWOW64 directory with 0 octet. So i deleted them and try again to install and then it was working.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Cordan is offline Find More Posts by Cordan
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:56 PM
Austria
Joined Jun 2008
86 Posts
Hallo,

after updating my A9 the battery icon (SPC Voltage) is gone so I can't set the voltage warning!

How do i get the battery icon back on the screen?

Thanks
Martin
RedBull is offline Find More Posts by RedBull