HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike Seale, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 07:36 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,063 Posts
Discussion
19th August

Round three went very smoothly. The organisation was superb and we got through the flights quickly. The air was excellent with a slight breeze blowing across the course. The scores keep going up and up. Marco Cantoni managed 50 quite early in the day and later on Wolf got 53 which included a motor on into the course, so we might see 54 or even more for the real event. Who can tell? But it will definitely be a battle between three or four pilots - Thomas wont have it all his way.

The Brits did not do so well! I crashed after missing a base B turn and then tip-stalling trying after going back. I was on track for 45 or 46 so it was more than a little annoying. Hopefully the weather will stay like this and I can prove that I can do 45/6 for real in the World Championships. Dave did 45 (I think) but then his cells vented and he had to land early. George did 43 (I think) but his motor decided not to switch on (possibly too hot), so he got a low score too. A frustrating day but better now than in the real thing I suppose.

I managed to get a picture of Heiko Greiner's model. Designed in collaboaration with Guntmar Rueb and Markus Moekli. It utilises a very thin fuselage, presumably to cut down on profile drag. The Raketenwurm's now look fat!
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,425 Posts

sorry for your mishap....Hopefully uyoucan repair it...
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
Old Aug 20, 2006, 05:44 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH

sorry for your mishap....Hopefully uyoucan repair it...
No. Not repairable. I think it could be made flyable again with a lot of care, but this is not my forte, so I'll salvage the servos and bin it when I return.
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale