HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by genovia, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 08, 2014, 11:47 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Oh the Humanity!!!!!!!
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2014, 11:05 PM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
763 Posts
Reconstruction

while discussing over on ESCs setup with a hobby store owner and he ask me did I crash on my current setup on my multirotor . I said nope , but later debug is not on the setup but the worn out props and other components in question (basically aging parts). interestingly It did make me look back on how far I have gone in this hobby.

We all Crash one time or another. what matters is how we get back up. some pickup the pieces and start over while other simply get back in to the action immediately.

such as life : the greatest barrier is failure to Try and failure to get back up when you fall.
Proverbs Ch.24:16

>----------------------------------------------------------
From the picture above
just like in real Air Crash investigation this model one of the early generations of Foamie planes unfortunately on April 26 ,14 it met its end when structural fatigue takes its toll in a spectacular mid air disintegration. reconstruction of this airframe shows its construction being EPS/PS type material typical used for models of that Era , the owner told me he had it for 6-7 years. and its a well care model.
discoloration of the wings shows its age. and this plane is build before carbonfiber is widely use in RC application so in the cross-section of the damage wing shows layered PS material with a outer coating as an shell.

so now we know how long EPS models should last. before its deem unfit to fly.
I doubt if its still capable of flight even on a lighter power setup, judging by how brittle the wing structure are.

Aircraft model: Christian eagle
speedactyl is online now Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Philippnes Materials Available
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:09 AM
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2004
1,459 Posts
Quote:
such as life : the greatest barrier is failure to Try and failure to get back up when you fall.
Proverbs Ch.24:16
roverbs 24:16

English Standard Version (ESV)

16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.
So how many are you up to ??
Desert flier is online now Find More Posts by Desert flier
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:01 AM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert flier View Post
proverbs 24:16

English Standard Version (ESV)

16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.
So how many are you up to ??
Good point. So what happens if you finally give up?
speedactyl is online now Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Philippnes Materials Available
Old Jun 19, 2014, 07:28 PM
Joined Jun 2014
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith43221 View Post
I'm curious if this is the oldest, still active thread? It's 12 years old, that's probably older than some users!
Crashing never gets old.! 😂✈

Pp.
PanchoPlanet is online now Find More Posts by PanchoPlanet
Old Jun 19, 2014, 07:57 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoPlanet View Post
Crashing never gets old.! 😂✈

Pp.
And we are just so darn good at it too.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jun 20, 2014, 08:44 PM
Joined Jun 2014
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
And we are just so darn good at it too.
Blame it on gravity.! I

Pp.
PanchoPlanet is online now Find More Posts by PanchoPlanet
Old Jun 21, 2014, 03:22 PM
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Nov 2011
59 Posts
Two weeks ago I posted my son's crash. Today was my turn to rekit one. Believe it or not if you fly an Ugly Stik straight into the ground on the equinox it will NOT balance on the nose,
redjeep is offline Find More Posts by redjeep
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:23 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,787 Posts
^^ Thats a good one! Story?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Jun 24, 2014, 08:40 PM
United States, FL, Milton
Joined Nov 2011
59 Posts
Lost control of the plane at approx. 150 feet it rolled right, went into a dive and throttle went wide open. It lawn darted. Funny thing is it went in so straight that it did not break the spar but it did crush everything forward of it. Testing the battery with one tester showed a good battery, a second showed totally dead. Anyway the airframe is a total loss, knocked the carb off the engine, not sure about crank yet, destroyed the receiver and 3 servos and I am not going to trust the battery. I guess it is close enough to be considered a total loss. Oh well it happens. Sig Four Star on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
^^ Thats a good one! Story?
redjeep is offline Find More Posts by redjeep
Old Jun 26, 2014, 01:16 PM
United States, GA, Cartersville
Joined Jan 2014
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjeep View Post
Lost control of the plane at approx. 150 feet it rolled right, went into a dive and throttle went wide open. It lawn darted. Funny thing is it went in so straight that it did not break the spar but it did crush everything forward of it. Testing the battery with one tester showed a good battery, a second showed totally dead. Anyway the airframe is a total loss, knocked the carb off the engine, not sure about crank yet, destroyed the receiver and 3 servos and I am not going to trust the battery. I guess it is close enough to be considered a total loss. Oh well it happens. Sig Four Star on the way.
Sorry to see this happen. I agree; I would not trust the battery either in another aircraft. Spending $20 or less on a new battery is pretty cheap insurance.
N410DC is online now Find More Posts by N410DC
Old Jun 27, 2014, 08:31 PM
The Luftwaffle
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
974 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but for flight batteries on a glow plane I only use the new LiFe batteries. A bit more expensive, but they dont self discharge and they dont need to be cycled or maintained like the old NiMH batteries do. A lot more reliable.

That, and I am not a fan of the charging setup you need for a plane with multiple NiHM batteries - on my old 100cc edge I was running four NiHM, (two flight batteries, one smoke, one ignition) and I charged the thing with a power-strip that had four futaba wall chargers on it. I hated it. With the four button chargers you shouldn't have to use a wall charger again.

On my new 100cc yak I only have two batteries for everything, and I can charge them in 15 minutes without doing any damage to them, as long as I dont discharge them a lot.
Waffleman is offline Find More Posts by Waffleman