Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:28 PM
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
Handheld GoPro Gimbal

Hi,

Im interetsed in purchasing the Arris CM3000 Pro for my quad & have also developed an interest in a Handheld Gimbal for my GoPro. Was wondering what the forum thought of making a mount with handle that I could also mount the Arris, attach a battery & use as a handheld?

There isn't many 3 axis handheld gimbals but would be great to kill 2 birds with the one stone like say a movie that could be handheld & on the Cinestar.

Thanks in advance
tango19 is offline Find More Posts by tango19
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:50 AM
United States, NY, Saratoga
Joined Apr 2013
328 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work... I believe the new Arris GY01 handheld GoPro gimbal is pretty much the CM3000 with a handle and monitor mount.

When I first got my cheap ebay gimbal for my quad I hooked up a battery to it and chased my dog around the house and yard while holding it by the mounting plate and it worked just fine. I'd actually planned on making new top plate using the GoPro mounts so I could mount it random stuff like my boat or bike, but then the controller board burnt out.

With the third axis you perhaps might want an RX to make adjustments though? I haven't quite gotten the knack for getting my Arris Zhaoyun 3axis centered on start up so I use a knob on my TX to center it manually..
mjru is online now Find More Posts by mjru
Last edited by mjru; Jul 20, 2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:24 AM
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Thanks for your response MJru, wasn't aware of the GY01
tango19 is offline Find More Posts by tango19