HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined Jan 2014
19 Posts
Discussion
Anyone Own the Miss Geico 29BL v2?

A the title says anyone own it? I just bought on will be here soon. curious what I have to watch out for. is it water tight much? Do I need sealer tape? do I have to upgrade anything to run 3S?
kpa62 is offline Find More Posts by kpa62
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:41 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
I own one. I love it. You should just do some searching and you will find all the info you need. Head over to Offshore Electrics Forums for an entire forum section on this boat. You will only be able to run 4s initially on the boat so you will need to use the series cables and run two 2s packs. You can also run 6s but that may negatively affect the electronics without upgrading those. It is plenty fast on 4s.

Get to reading. There is a ton of info on this boat.
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:24 AM
Joined Apr 2010
810 Posts
Hi,
Congrats on the boat! It is one of my favorites.

I have setup/running guides for the Miss Geico (and most of the other Proboat and Aquacraft ~30" models which are suitable for NAMBA p-limited offshore racing) Shoot me an email at jqhydro@gmail.com and I'll send you a copy.

When tuned right the boat is fantastic. But a common problem is excessive "bouncing" (aka "porpoising") especially in glassy water which is due to the sponsons not being perfectly flat. Blueprinting the sponsons fixes the problem completely, but if you don't want to do that there is also a simple strut mod that reduces the problem by 80% or so. Or you can ignore the problem as the boat will settle down on its own when the water chops up (that breaks the suction on the sponsons). Note, many people try to compensate for this problem by shoving the batteries way up towards the nose of the boat which is the wrong approach... these cats run best with the batteries towards to back (front of packs no more than 1" forward of the motor).

I cover both of these modifications in a 3 part video tutorial located here:

http://www.rcchiefhobbies.com/Tutorials.html

Here's a video of my son's boat after blueprinting, running stock motor/esc, on x642 prop:

Miss Geico Blueprint Test Run (2 min 36 sec)

The setup guides have a bunch of other useful information and useful links. Oh, another common "issue" is that out of the box the ESC default is set at "log" throttle curve which limits the throttle to 80%. To get full speed you need to set the throttle curve to "linear".

Chief
BHChieftain is online now Find More Posts by BHChieftain