HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:34 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
actually, I got one more thing so you can get a peek at what to expect:

Twister RC Police Helicam Review - Part 1 (9 min 46 sec)

Twister RC Police Helicam Review - Part 2 (11 min 13 sec)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
I am new to rc and this is what I am looking to get from my local HobbyTown and is $10 cheaper plus is has a cool sonar type sensors that help you from hitting stuff and it flies out doors

IFT Evolve 300 CX RTF and RFR with Collision Avoidance Technology (C.A.T.) (3 min 24 sec)
new_2_rc is offline Find More Posts by new_2_rc
Last edited by new_2_rc; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:36 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
is gonna be the SAME heli under the hood!! no matter if Blade, INF or Twister ... all the same parts (would not be surprised if they all came from the same chinese factory ...)

Really nice fuse - but that is really the ONLY difference I see ... well and the sensors (however, what does it help you if technology screams there is a wall and you still bang into it because avoiding the crash depends on the pilot ... not on the sensors - no offense meant. But really, those sensors are a nice gimmick, but they wont protect you from crashing - the only one able to protect you from crashing is you!!!

know what I find the coolest?
after hobby lobby dropped the twister (and now it gets obvious why) I thought I would not be able to find spare parts for my KA-50 project (on REALLY THICK ICE) ... but now there are two brands that are stocked in LHS all across the country where I can source my parts from
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:40 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Ok, I think I can spare us all this experiment !

The CX4 will be an identical twin of what was once sold here as the Twister police helicam ... just without the camera and with a different fuse.
But by looking at my Twister totally barebone and comparing to the pictures of the CX4, I am confident I can say this with conviction.

This also means, that hardly any of the BOL parts will be compatible - the shaft will be thicker, the gears will be smaller, the swash will have no center ball, the frameposts will be different, so even the landing gears will not be a direct fit.

But now I also get why it took Blade soooo long to release that - first all the traces of the Twister (which was sold at hobby lobby once) had to be gone, to not interfere with the CX4 money making

Well, I know a thing or two now (and the CX4 WILL actually be of good use for me, but I also know there is no need to spend the 230bux on it ...)

E2 out
Sven, do you think Blade bought out JP Perkins, I believe that's who had the Twister helicopters? Since they copied the Twister you would think there may be a connections, or not? Anyway it looks like you nailed it down, so since you have the barebones you thinking of just ordering electronics from Blade or what? (lot of questions)
edit: It's hard to believe they were pulling 15 minutes on the 800 mAh battery. I would be lucky to get 5 minutes with a 800 mAh in my L400 helicopters.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Last edited by flyeraroo; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
is gonna be the SAME heli under the hood!! no matter if Blade, INF or Twister ... all the same parts (would not be surprised if they all came from the same chinese factory ...)

Really nice fuse - but that is really the ONLY difference I see ... well and the sensors (however, what does it help you if technology screams there is a wall and you still bang into it because avoiding the crash depends on the pilot ... not on the sensors - no offense meant. But really, those sensors are a nice gimmick, but they wont protect you from crashing - the only one able to protect you from crashing is you!!!

know what I find the coolest?
after hobby lobby dropped the twister (and now it gets obvious why) I thought I would not be able to find spare parts for my KA-50 project (on REALLY THICK ICE) ... but now there are two brands that are stocked in LHS all across the country where I can source my parts from
Actually when the copter senses a object is backs away so in a sense it does stop you from running into stuff. That and the HobbyTown guy said they make a short flybar that helps for out door flight. As far a flight time he flew a whole battery and we timed at just over 8 minutes.

I don't think anyone copied anyone. i think this day in age it seems that you can go to a parts store in China buy parts off the shelf and make you own body and you have your own product
new_2_rc is offline Find More Posts by new_2_rc
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
well, to each his own opinion I guess.

I can tell you I bet that the mechanical parts for all 3 helis are absolutely identical (too bad nobody made hop up parts for the Twister, which was released about 2 years ago ...)

You are right, they dont copy, its just rebranding ...

and as far as the sensor stuff goes: I hadnt heard about that until you posted the video, so I cant really say how it works, and the people in the vid dont say squat ...
So for those, I am looking forward VERY much to a lengthy review from you - if that stuff actually helps for anything(or if the best help is to not pick flying spaces that are too small for the skills of the pilot ...)

As I mentioned before, no offense - but to me this is only interesting, because I now can continue a project that I had on ICE for about a year do to parts unavailability
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
275 Posts
That short flybar on the Evolve, outdoors, somewhat fast foreward flight, could it turn? If I could see similiar performance from the CX4.........
Gregco10 is online now Find More Posts by Gregco10
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:59 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,139 Posts
+1

Also, where is the new flybarless coax unit? If thats even possible..

Same old crappy blades?

Come on blade, I was really hoping for a cool coax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The first new coax released in years and the best they could do is a large copy of the ESky Lama V4? Where's the flybarless, the brushless motors?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:53 AM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
+1

Also, where is the new flybarless coax unit? If thats even possible..

Same old crappy blades?

Come on blade, I was really hoping for a cool coax
come on Razor ...

(anyway, nice to bump into you in a thread again for once ... what R U up to lately in the heli dept. ???)

Anyway, the flybarless coax is very well possible and as well Jung as a friend of mine from the german forum built them (my friend even first with the skytec 3blade head and then with several other head "combinations ...)
So HE is flying a 500 size 3bladed coax!!! ... All DIY from scratch ...
500er Dreiblatt Coax Outdoor 3 / Slowmotion (4 min 8 sec)

RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:31 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,698 Posts
Maybe your friend is the one we should talk to about blades for our Lama 400D's. Do you know where he got his blades from?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Maybe your friend is the one we should talk to about blades for our Lama 400D's. Do you know where he got his blades from?
All the different coaxes he scratchbuilt from some type of stock parts were/are collective pitch! (only the very first attempt was a FP that actually used L400 stock blades ... but from then on only CP blades)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:10 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,139 Posts
Hey sven

I just wish someone would make an advanced coax with no flybarless and no blade strikes..
Something that could sustain forward flight without issues.

I'm sure we'll into cp now would you like a nice coax again.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:17 AM
Joined Mar 2009
8,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Hey sven

I just wish someone would make an advanced coax with no flybarless and no blade strikes..
Something that could sustain forward flight without issues.

I'm sure we'll into cp now would you like a nice coax again.
good to hear Razor! Well, as you can see through my blogs, I am struggling with CPs myself (newest one the V922).
Sure I would like a nice coax, I actually still hope I manage to build one with the Skytec 3blade system I already got for so long one day
And what about the one in the video? Is that NOT a nice coax??
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,139 Posts
It is but one I could buy from a reputable company lol

And not something over priced either

I miss my modded cx3; but I wish someone would make one better

When will a company make a cp coax that is flybarless with stabilization tech?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:46 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,502 Posts
Geez, I have been hearing that people are all fired up about this helicopter, and have put their orders in. Now that's interesting!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo