North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,544 Posts
trimmed her. decided to cut the flybar down too based on: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1646234
didn't notice any difference - she's still as stable as ever. doesn't handle turns any tighter.
although, it was amusing trying to get her off the ground without a flybar.

ps - never mind. it is more agile WITH the canopy back on - CG must be a major part of it. and now i have to trim it for the canopy on. this is what i get for not thinking.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Last edited by cmdl; Yesterday at 10:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
12,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
trimmed her. decided to cut the flybar down too based on: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1646234
didn't notice any difference - she's still as stable as ever. doesn't handle turns any tighter.
although, it was amusing trying to get her off the ground without a flybar.

ps - never mind. it is more agile WITH the canopy back on - CG must be a major part of it. and now i have to trim it for the canopy on. this is what i get for not thinking.
If you scroll down more on valiantGLX's blog you'll find a lot of cool stuff. Swash leveling, DX6i settings, modding, etc.

This is why I don't like the MCX2 "full" stock canopy. Put a boom on her and adjustments will be easier to make. Just MHO

Yes, the canopy does make a difference.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
9,544 Posts
thanks. also probably explains why he modded his canopy too. i'll look through his blog a bit more this weekend.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl