Old Aug 14, 2015, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by stsguy
Where o where has my America g
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2013
208 Posts
Help!
I ask my wife directons?

I was blessed with a few planes to rescue but help in the area is needed.
Help me save these 2 girls from a sure death by bond fire! NEVER
parts of plans on pdf to repair wings etc.

1st one is a carl Goldberg cub 77 inch ws.
this one is a crash recovery

2nd is a Ikon West 107
this plane was started and was 60 to 70 percent finished then abandoned. This one I will need a bit more... please let me know how to approach this issue since im new at this hobby
Thank you Joe
stsguy is offline Find More Posts by stsguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2015, 05:33 AM
Find More Posts by StayQuiet
United States, SC, Boiling Springs
Joined Jul 2011
150 Posts
Would this help on the cub?

http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/.../gpma0963.html
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,444 Posts
Is this a similar IKON kit ? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331912

IKON kits are for advanced builders. They build into spectacular models, but they require experience to put them together.

At this time, there are no IKON kits being produced. Maybe a RCG member will have the plans, and be willing to copy them for you.

The IKON build manuals expect you to know what you are doing. Basically, only the "hard parts" are covered in the instructions.

Good luck with your excellent acquisitions. I suggest that you set aside the IKON kit until you have gained a few years of building experience.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Aug 14, 2015, 08:05 AM
Joined Aug 2013
208 Posts

Just a good high Def pic would do on the ikon it's primarily glued some things need shaped via sanding but incidents and such will be helpful. There may be more that needs completed after a good study of plans. I catching on. Thanks for the post.
Man the wings are beautiful on this plane. Each half is almost bug enuff to curl up and knapsack on. It will be a beautiful addition to the skys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
Is this a similar IKON kit ? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331912

IKON kits are for advanced builders. They build into spectacular models, but they require experience to put them together.

At this time, there are no IKON kits being produced. Maybe a RCG member will have the plans, and be willing to copy them for you.

The IKON build manuals expect you to know what you are doing. Basically, only the "hard parts" are covered in the instructions.

Good luck with your excellent acquisitions. I suggest that you set aside the IKON kit until you have gained a few years of building experience.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:35 AM
Joined Aug 2013
208 Posts
Nailed it

This is the exact kit I have

I'm totaly amazed at the small sized motor suggestions on the older models. Hard to believe one so small would power such a bug plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post

Old Aug 17, 2015, 06:46 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsguy View Post
This is the exact kit I have

I'm totaly amazed at the small sized motor suggestions on the older models. Hard to believe one so small would power such a bug plane
These days, power requirements are blown out of proportion, in relationship to what is actually needed.. The IKON kit will fly very well with the suggested power.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2013
208 Posts
Pic

Here's a pic of my box
Old Aug 18, 2015, 06:42 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,444 Posts
If it were mine, I'd power is with a Zenoah G-26.