SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:07 PM
Austin Texas
Joined Feb 2002
35 Posts
Discussion
Carbon rod and superthane new models

Why are there so few designs using the carbon rod superthane techniques as used by acesim? I've built a a traveller years ago and just finished a carbon prime.
The method lends itself to all sorts of designs. Flying wings, bipes, etc.
The construction is hard on your fingers but doable,
This is my CP waiting for a motor.
ricks3 is offline Find More Posts by ricks3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 04:05 PM
"Champ'ion Newb"
United States, WA, Vashon
Joined Sep 2013
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks3 View Post
Why are there so few designs using the carbon rod superthane techniques as used by acesim? I've built a a traveller years ago and just finished a carbon prime.
The method lends itself to all sorts of designs. Flying wings, bipes, etc.
The construction is hard on your fingers but doable,
This is my CP waiting for a motor.
Looks great. I want to find plastic or carbon straws of various diameter. All a drinking size straw and less. Thinking that there could be joiners for things like this. At 30 and 45 degree elbows. But up to now, have only found the straw material. The hard kind that are washable. Hard plastic. It would be a cheap way to make a frame for an ultralight conversion that I want to do.
thosmosis is online now Find More Posts by thosmosis