HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2014, 08:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Question
Maxford Bleriot XI

Has anyone built the Bleriot XI ARF from Maxford USA ?
long flyer is offline Find More Posts by long flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2014, 06:52 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Looks like a nice flying model in the video. Sounds like it was very windy making the plane pitch about. I've heard, and I hope that I'm wrong, that Maxford is skipping the WRAM Show this year. Too bad, I really wanted to take a look at the dH2.

Maxford USA 1/6 Bleriot XI ARF (1 min 52 sec)
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:24 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,793 Posts
Oh well, the ARTF free zone didn't last long, did it?
Long Flyer,
The nice folk at rcgroups have given you a forum dedicated to ARTF and RTF models. Some here may know of that particular model, but you might find more info there. Most here tend to be builders rather than assemblers.
Absolutely no offence intended, just that you might get better response on the ARTF forum.

Pete
PETERRAKE is offline Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:27 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Hahaha, I didn't even notice where this was posted. At least it isn't foam...

Good luck LF. I have their SPAD and it's a very nice model.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:27 PM
Senile Member
Moab, Utah, USA
Joined Apr 2003
6,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long flyer View Post
Sorry, but you have posted in the wrong forum. No, I'm not the forum police, normally I wouldn't say anything, but since this forum was just instituted to keep the actual build threads from being polluted by ARF threads it seem only appropriate to mention it.

Larry

Ah, I see Pete beat me to the admonition.
Lnagel is online now Find More Posts by Lnagel
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:32 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
..and so it starts.

The OP started the thread on 16th January. When did the new forum spring into life?
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:53 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,793 Posts
Larry,
Just saying he might get more response there. No doubt there will be issues until things sort themselves out.

leccy,
Well spotted, I just saw it come up as a new thread. Was it moved by accident? Presumably so because I saw where it was moved from.
So are you saying we're wrong to point out the error?

Pete
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:58 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERRAKE View Post
Larry,
Just saying he might get more response there. No doubt there will be issues until things sort themselves out.

leccy,
Well spotted, I just saw it come up as a new thread. Was it moved by accident? Presumably so because I saw where it was moved from.
So are you saying we're wrong to point out the error?

Pete
I'm pointing out that the zealotry in jumping on the OP for having posted a thread which, on the face of it, quite probably predates the formation of this forum, is unseemly. The chances are that it is nothing to do with him, and is the sort of mistake that in inevitable in moving thousands of threads.

In fact, here's the evidence that the thread was moved.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:51 PM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,793 Posts
I'd be interested to know where exactly I 'jumped' on the OP. I really didn't need you to show me something I'd already looked up, it was uncalled for and pointless. We know there will be teething problems, and I said as much. I even thanked you for pointing it out.
Please, feel perfectly free to play politics, just not here, there's a forum for it.

Pete
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:02 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,674 Posts
Quote:
I'd be interested to know where exactly I 'jumped' on the OP. I really didn't need you to show me something I'd already looked up, it was uncalled for and pointless. We know there will be teething problems, and I said as much. I even thanked you for pointing it out.
Please, feel perfectly free to play politics, just not here, there's a forum for it.

Pete
I never mentioned you specifically Pete.

This post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnagel View Post
Sorry, but you have posted in the wrong forum. No, I'm not the forum police, normally I wouldn't say anything, but since this forum was just instituted to keep the actual build threads from being polluted by ARF threads it seem only appropriate to mention it.

Larry

A[I]h, I see Pete beat me to the admonition[/I].
Indicates what I was talking about, and identified the "admonition".

Now you mention it though, your post in this thread, above and here in another thread, do fit the bill, with regards to jumping on the OP.

Quote:
And now we're getting them here. Is it that some people don't actually know the difference or that they don't care?

Pete

I take it back, this appears to have been a genuine error of a thread being moved to the wrong forum. Thanks for pointing out the date leccy.
I posted the screen shot to show that the thread had actually been moved, that wasn't pointless, it demonstrated how out of order the comments to the OP were, since it simply was not his fault that the thread was moved to this forum. Notwithstanding your subsequent edit to your post - after I had pointed out the date on the OP - the "admonishment" remains.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:31 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,130 Posts
Another thread to unsubscribe from thanks to leccy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:35 PM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long flyer View Post
Hi long flyer,

Welcome to the new Scale Kt/Scratch Built forum, which has just been created out of the Scale Electric Planes forum. It appears your thread was moved here by mistake, probably by RCG moderators. It will soon be moved to the Scale ARF/RTF forum where you will probably get many responses to your initial post.

Please excuse the squabbling here in your thread; creating the new Scale Kit/Scratch Built forum was (and apparently still is) opposed by one or two very vocal posters, and your thread has served as a convenient way to grind an old, tired axe.

Good luck with your original question; the Bleriot looks like a nice model.

Steve
Steve85 is online now Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:20 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
Location of this user's query aside (), my flying pal just assembled one of these as a review project for Model Aviation magazine. He brought it over last evening for studio photos and so that we could go over the model to insure that it is ready for the maiden flights today. I have had my hands on several Maxford models over the years (Storch, Antonov Colt, Jenny, etc) but I will say that this ones overall appearance and "presence" in the camera impresses me. Robb used a Cobra power system from Lucien Miller @ Innov8tive; the dark color of the outrunner helps it blend in nicely with the optional dummy motor that Maxford sells. Tactic servos were used all the way around.

We are looking forward to shooting some in-flight media today.

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:57 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
And in flight!

RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:54 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
And a quick video of my pal's Maxford Bleriot on its maiden flights!

Maxford Bleriot Tsr (1 min 45 sec)
RCG Plus Member