HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2014, 04:23 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,113 Posts
Looks like the horizontal supports and the module antenna will clash when its not extended.

Maybe it'll work if the horizontal supports are installed higher up on the stand.

KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Last edited by KC; Dec 12, 2014 at 04:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1,445 Posts
Is this stand so close to the Orange module antenna going to cause interference?

Herrsavage is offline Find More Posts by Herrsavage
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,969 Posts
It's not ideal but should be OK. The thing to do is not to get drawn into a theoretical discussion of whether the proximity to metal might adversely affect range but simply to test it carefully.

Put the transmitter into range test mode, go out 25m and test whether you have control with the transmitter in various reasonable orientations (reasonable meaning, don't expect it to work if your body is between the Tx and the model, for example).

If you can get 25m this way, it's safe to fly at normal distances.

To test more rigorously in the air, fly out a normal distance and point the tip of the antenna at the model. See if you can fly for a minute or two this way without loss of control.

Worth doing for peace of mind! All mine must pass these tests to be considered safe. The only failures I have had in the tests were a couple of examples of off-brand receivers several years ago.

Given reasonable installation, 2.4 equipment, even the cheap stuff, is astonishingly reliable
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1,445 Posts
I just flew it.. It was windy and miserable, but everything seemed to work OK. It's a pain to transport, but it is nice when out and about being able to set it down, not on the module antenna. Not sure if it's a real, long-term solution. Maybe something more just for days when I know I'll be out flying for a while..
Herrsavage is offline Find More Posts by Herrsavage