SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:30 PM
USA, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2006
458 Posts
Question
Plastic/FG parts

Has anyone used Traplet Plans USA for plans and accessories (FG cowls, canopies, etc) I also am trying to get plastic parts for Rich Uravich's T-28.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
335driver is offline Find More Posts by 335driver
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:46 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
I purchased some replacement canopies for a Complete-a-Pac Dauntless kit from these folks. Took a little while to get them but no problems.
Liteweight is offline Find More Posts by Liteweight
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:57 AM
USA, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2006
458 Posts
Thanks for the input....
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:17 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
9,170 Posts
Fiberglass Specialties has a large selection with an on line catalog.Easy to use .They have lots of the older stuff still available (no canopies)
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wheeling and dealing..
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:35 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
Just curious 335driver (nice avatar BTW), are you having trouble ordering the parts from the Rich Uravitch site? I thought he had all the plastic parts for his models. I have the Cessna 195 for electric.

Also, the canopies I bought for the C.A.P. Dauntless kit (English made) were replacements for an older kit where the original clear plastic parts had yellowed really bad. I think I called them first to make sure they were the same. Traplett was helpful and I do not think you will have any trouble ordering from them, just realize they probably ship from across the pond so best to make sure the parts are exactly what you want. They also sell the Brian Talylor plans which are excellent.

Lastly, Fiberglass Specialties does have a few canopies, or at least they did, but PROBABLY only for magazine plans, like my Gee Bee Zeta.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:48 AM
USA, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2006
458 Posts
Liteweight, actually I just e-mailed Rich U & he has the parts I need, I sent a check out today for them. I was more interested in the Traplet question as I would like to get the Brian Taylor Me-109F and/or his Typhoon. Don't know what it is but I like both planes. I know Skyshark as short kits of these planes but I also like cutting up balsa wood and Skyshark is a bit expensive to me..(retiree on SS) I like the 335 and built one from Al Master's plans and would like to build another.....too many planes, too little money and time...Check out a couple of plans built airplanes I've done.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:26 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined May 2005
25 Posts
Those are nice models! I am familiar with the Brian Taylor Typhoon. It's a fairly large 1/7 bird with a 73" span; needs a 1.20 four-stroke pumper (due to the tank location) as I recall. Was wondering where you fly? I am thinking of coming down to the swap meet in Georgetown in January and also checking out their field and also Georgetown. Hopefully I can retire in a few years and like the Hill Country. Looking forward to getting out of Dallas traffic!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:46 AM
USA, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2006
458 Posts
Liteweight,
I fly at the Austin Radio Control Assn field, it's located east of Austin, near Manor, TX.
Visit our website a austinrc.org for map. It's about 32-35 miles from G'town. I will probably go to the Georgetown swap meet, love swap meets...People down here complain about the traffic all the time. I live about 25 miles from the field but go there several times a week. I'm retired and if gas wasn't so expensive would probably go every day if it was nice out. People here haven't seen real traffic, I'm from the NE, NY area so I know what traffic is. It's not a picnic here, I'll admit but if you haven't been on the Jersey Turnpike, Garden State Parkway or the LIE, you don't know traffic.