SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Zombie flyer....
United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Joined Mar 2010
137 Posts
Question
PZ SU26M new motor help?

Having just bought one of the older PZ Su26m's, I realise that it is quite underpowered for what it is designed for ( Even with the Nanotech 35-60c 160mah lipos). Whilst there is a wealth of information regarding brushless swap outs, I'd rather not go down this route (Money tight, use what I've got if I can),
To which end I'm just wondering if anyone has swapped out the stock motor for an ERC spitfire motor? ( similar size, but seems to push the larger plane with quite a bit more vigour! ) Any info or help would be appreciated!
Chris.
toffa is offline Find More Posts by toffa
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffa View Post
Having just bought one of the older PZ Su26m's, I realise that it is quite underpowered for what it is designed for ( Even with the Nanotech 35-60c 160mah lipos). Whilst there is a wealth of information regarding brushless swap outs, I'd rather not go down this route (Money tight, use what I've got if I can),
To which end I'm just wondering if anyone has swapped out the stock motor for an ERC spitfire motor? ( similar size, but seems to push the larger plane with quite a bit more vigour! ) Any info or help would be appreciated!
Chris.
The ERC spitfire should have a 7mm motor. The Nine Eagles Spitfire uses a 8.5mm motor.

Your Local hobby shop should have a black belled "mustang" motor from a Mustang, T-28 or UM 4 site, corasair or a Sukhoi XP. All will work, after you swap the prop to one from a 4-site (EFL9051), T-28 or Champ. Kyosho 130X70mm props work good, too.... or swap on a GWS 5030 or 5043 prop (you'll need an adapter)

If you stick with 1S, a mustang motor will have more power than any cheap brushless motor anyway, so its best to stay brushed.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,241 Posts
Mustang motor
mustang prop.
Or sx motor from rcbabbel and mustang prop.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower