HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Help!
Blade CX2 Veers Hard Left During Take-off

Fairly new to the hobby, but haven't done too bad learning to fly (and replacing parts after not so soft landings)

Struggling now with the bird veering hard left during takeoff. I've noticed that the linkage on one side of one micro servo is not straight up and down when looking at a side view (like the opposite side is). Is it possible the micro servo went bad? When I bind it during start up, the white plastic part of the servo does not equalize at a horizontal level. I've torn it apart and no luck.

Any and all help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance
Bryce1214 is offline Find More Posts by Bryce1214
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:11 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,839 Posts
Welcome to RCG Bryce. First, there is no such thing as "not so soft landings." LOL..they are crashes.

Here is the "official" CX2 thread :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...07057&page=509

You will get many more answers there. You didn't give us a lot to go on. But, I'm guessing if the servo is doing a lot of chattering on commands, it could be gonzo. Maybe it's just a matter of removing the servo arm and re-centering it to the horizontal position. Always put equal pressure on the servo arm while backing off the screw. See ya on the CX2 thread

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:53 AM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce1214 View Post
Fairly new to the hobby, but haven't done too bad learning to fly (and replacing parts after not so soft landings)

Struggling now with the bird veering hard left during takeoff. I've noticed that the linkage on one side of one micro servo is not straight up and down when looking at a side view (like the opposite side is). Is it possible the micro servo went bad? When I bind it during start up, the white plastic part of the servo does not equalize at a horizontal level. I've torn it apart and no luck.

Any and all help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance
After you get the servo arms as level as you can, then check the swashplate to see if it is level in all directions. You may have to fine tune a little by adjusting the lengths of the servo pushrods to get it to hover without drift.
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo