HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2014, 06:00 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
838 Posts
Class 4 card

Where do all find, best place to get the Kingston Card?

thanks .................te
Tom Eutsler is online now Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:27 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Where do all find, best place to get the Kingston Card?

thanks .................te
I use a dying breed - a local camera shop, and also a verified uk reseller (JooVuu. - who just gave me incredible service when a PayPal payment went haywire in a giant fashion, jeopardizing a late present )
Mike.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
42 Posts
ISOprop, I just tested with a 32gb class 4 transcend card and a 32gb class 4 Kingston card. I placed a few extra files at the root of the SDcard's so there's less than 1mb free space.... Unfortunately with these cards there ALSO is the loop recording bug. The exact same things happen as with the 64gb Sandisk Class 10 card

I do get the impression there really is something wrong with the camera firmware. Something that is not related to Sandisk and/or the difference between Class10 or Class4 cards.

I'm not sure why some cards cause the loop recording to break and some don't, but could it be caused by the following?

As long as the total amount of clips (+- 140mb each) add up to a size where there is still a certain amount of free space left on the card (like 40 mb for example) the loop recording works fine. Even when the free space varies slightly because not every clip is exactly 140mb (there can be 500kb difference between individual clips)

But now the case where the total amount of clips (+- 140mb each) add up to a size where there will be a very low amount of space left (because of the variation in SD-cards) If this space is 10mb for example, the loop recording still functions fine. However since the size of each clip is a bit random, this might cause the free space to be even lower at moments. And when it drops below a certain level the loop recording breaks.

If this is indeed the cause of the problem the workaround would be to place a file of a specific size at the root of the SD. A file that would cause the free space to be around 100mb for example - just not enough to record another +- 140mb clip. The camera would still delete the oldest clip first and then start a new one. This would ensure a minimum of 100mb free space so the loop recording will function fine - even with slight variation
Bram1982 is offline Find More Posts by Bram1982
Last edited by Bram1982; Dec 20, 2014 at 09:07 PM.