SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2015, 01:10 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Discussion
Blade 350 QX2

I have only had the quad a few days and until today I had not tried it.

I am able to bind the TX ETC, but when I move the flight mode switch to stability mode and do a left right movement of the left, mode 2, throttle control the props spin up and stay spinning. The props respond to the throttle but will not switch off completely. The only way to put thing right is to power the TX off. Its as if there is some throttle trim on, but as far as I can see there is no trim on the stock DX4 that the quad came with. I have to press the "bind" button every time I turn the quad on, which might indicate something is not right.

What am I dong wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Pete
peter pi is offline Find More Posts by peter pi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2015, 08:49 PM
Joined Apr 2013
394 Posts
I cant answer your specific question. But never turn off TX while the craft is armed. You won't have any way to disarm or otherwise control it, should it do something unexpected. It already sounds as if it is capable of doing that.
jeffjblack is offline Find More Posts by jeffjblack
Old Jan 04, 2015, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjblack View Post
I cant answer your specific question. But never turn off TX while the craft is armed. You won't have any way to disarm or otherwise control it, should it do something unexpected. It already sounds as if it is capable of doing that.
OK, thanks for that. I was not thinking straight about what I was doing. Basic error.

I am going to give it another whirl today (no pun intended), and anchor the quad to make sure I don't damage it or myself.
Old Jan 04, 2015, 03:03 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
I've done a bit more digging and it seems that as soon as the 350 is armed, its normal for the props to spin. The only other "beginners" quad I've had was a UDI 818 and when it is armed, the props dnt spin until there is some throttle input.

Pete
Old Jan 04, 2015, 04:44 PM
Joined Dec 2014
10 Posts
I dont think the props on your 350 should start spinning as soon as its armed, mine dosent and if you look at the various videos from Horizon hobby, on you tube, there is a definate way to start the props. Are you using the stock DX4? if so have you tried calibrating the sticks. This link will show you how.
HorizonHobby.com How-To: Calibrate the Spektrum DX4 Sticks (2 min 11 sec)
Cudders is offline Find More Posts by Cudders
Old Jan 04, 2015, 07:23 PM
Joined Feb 2014
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter pi View Post
I have only had the quad a few days and until today I had not tried it.

I am able to bind the TX ETC, but when I move the flight mode switch to stability mode and do a left right movement of the left, mode 2, throttle control the props spin up and stay spinning. The props respond to the throttle but will not switch off completely. The only way to put thing right is to power the TX off. Its as if there is some throttle trim on, but as far as I can see there is no trim on the stock DX4 that the quad came with. I have to press the "bind" button every time I turn the quad on, which might indicate something is not right.

What am I dong wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Pete
To shut the motors off you have to use the throttle trim switch. Push and hold it in the downward direction until the motors stop. To restart you will have to move the trim back to the center position. I don't have the DX4 so it may or may not have a throttle kill button. My DX5e doesn't but my DX6i does.
Edit I re read your post so now I have no idea.
tnriverluver is offline Find More Posts by tnriverluver
Old Jan 04, 2015, 07:48 PM
Escondido, CA USA
Joined Feb 2001
35 Posts
compass calibration mode

Never mind, I got my issue sorted out. RTH switch was on, uggggg.
nappers is offline Find More Posts by nappers
Last edited by nappers; Jan 04, 2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2015, 09:32 PM
Joined Feb 2014
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappers View Post
Never mind, I got my issue sorted out. RTH switch was on, uggggg.
In the future you might want to post over in this thread as it stays busy http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3854&page=1571
tnriverluver is offline Find More Posts by tnriverluver
Old Jan 05, 2015, 04:40 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnriverluver View Post
To shut the motors off you have to use the throttle trim switch. Push and hold it in the downward direction until the motors stop. To restart you will have to move the trim back to the center position. I don't have the DX4 so it may or may not have a throttle kill button. My DX5e doesn't but my DX6i does.
Edit I re read your post so now I have no idea.
OK Thanks for the info anyhow, but as I've said, no trims. But I'm going to try the re-cal of the TX as per video above.
Old Jan 05, 2015, 04:44 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
I dont think the props on your 350 should start spinning as soon as its armed, mine dosent and if you look at the various videos from Horizon hobby, on you tube, there is a definate way to start the props. Are you using the stock DX4? if so have you tried calibrating the sticks. This link will show you how. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOvd6TSiYk
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try. There are a couple of video's on YouTube showing the props spinning as soon as the quad is armed, so following the calibration procedure should do the trick.