SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 28, 2015, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by Flyboy81
Calm before the storm
United States, TX, Bullard
Joined Jun 2014
122 Posts
Question
When did Eclipse 7 Pro get discontinued?

When did Eclipse 7 Pro get discontinued? And Why mainly because I own one and it is less than a year old. I have had some issues trying to update my radio and now I am told it is no longer supported..
Flyboy81 is offline Find More Posts by Flyboy81
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2015, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Hitec RCD CSR
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy81 View Post
When did Eclipse 7 Pro get discontinued? And Why mainly because I own one and it is less than a year old. I have had some issues trying to update my radio and now I am told it is no longer supported..
What kind of issues were you having? We never really had any updates for the PRO version of the transmitter. Yes, it has been discontinued as it's an old and dated transmitter.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Jun 02, 2015, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,893 Posts
Products/models do get discontinued all the time and often just after I buy them. That's life.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jun 02, 2015, 11:50 PM
Calm before the storm
Joined Jun 2014
122 Posts
I just assumed with the updates being made to the AFHSS Systems that the Eclipse Pro would have some as well...Why not just make the HPP-22 inherent in the radio ? Anyways I was looking for some software for the HTS-Navi and the Telemetry setup. Now I have to buy a HPP-22 to make it all work? Really confusing....I own a Aurora 9 as well but it is second hand didnt buy it new...Still have to buy an HPP-22 to make the stuff work...I am just asking basically what do I need to make this Telemetry software work...not finding any downloads for the software either...I was reading and there were updates to the 2.4GHz systems improving on signal and such...especially with gas powered engines. I am also being reintroduced to this hobby as I started out with 72MHz and 4 Channels was all I got. So being away from the hobby since 1996 has really made the transition a bit daunting...
Old Jun 03, 2015, 09:39 AM
Hitec RCD CSR
Joined Oct 2007
21,906 Posts
Quote:
I just assumed with the updates being made to the AFHSS Systems that the Eclipse Pro would have some as well...Why not just make the HPP-22 inherent in the radio ?
The updates were made before the Eclipse 7 Pro was introduced so it should already have the updated software on it. It's fairly easy to check:

Push and hold the LINK button while you turn the transmitter on. Release after powering the transmitter up, the red light should be flashing (OPTIMA BIND MODE).
Push and hold the LINK button again for 2 seconds, then release. The light should change to a flashing blue (MINIMA BIND MODE).

If the above occurs, then you have the updated software. It doesn't matter if the blue light flashes first then changes to red when you hold the link button for 2 seconds.

The HPP-22 is a unit that is designed to update our transmitters, receivers, and some of our chargers and in order to keep costs low it is available as a separate unit. It's relatively inexpensive.

Quote:
Anyways I was looking for some software for the HTS-Navi and the Telemetry setup. Now I have to buy a HPP-22 to make it all work? Really confusing....I own a Aurora 9 as well but it is second hand didnt buy it new...Still have to buy an HPP-22 to make the stuff work...I am just asking basically what do I need to make this Telemetry software work...not finding any downloads for the software either...
You only need the HTS-Navi and the HPP-22 software, the software has the Navi components built into it. The HPP-22 is still a good investment to keep on hand as we roll out with updates to our components.

Quote:
I was reading and there were updates to the 2.4GHz systems improving on signal and such...especially with gas powered engines.
The update was mainly for the Optima receivers but there was also an update for the Aurora 9 and the original 2.4 modules that help improved reboot times in the event something went down, as well as improved the signal and made the 2.4 module compatible with the new Minima receivers.

There wasn't really anything available for the Eclipse 7 Pro as all of the updates were included with it. And just to throw this out there but all current versions of the Aurora 9 and 9X models within the last month have the latest software updates on them.

Like I said, it's a good $30 investment to get the HPP-22 as it allows you to update your components as updates roll out.

Quote:
I am also being reintroduced to this hobby as I started out with 72MHz and 4 Channels was all I got. So being away from the hobby since 1996 has really made the transition a bit daunting...
Yup there has been a huge leap in technology in the past 20 years in the hobby, but nothing really needs to be daunting. If you ever need any assistance with your Hitec products feel free to PM me on the forums or post a question down here.
Old Jun 04, 2015, 12:29 AM
Calm before the storm
Joined Jun 2014
122 Posts
I appreciate your response. I am just trying to wrap my head around too much at once instead just trying to get x I am looking at the entire equation X+Y(Z) = Me having a headache from the info. I am sure you were trying to decipher some info from my above post/rant. Anyways do I need seperate software to go along with the HTS-Navi ? Because it isnt working on my Windows 8 machine...not sure on compatibility but anyways.
Old Jun 04, 2015, 09:44 AM
Hitec RCD CSR
Joined Oct 2007
21,906 Posts
Quote:
Anyways do I need seperate software to go along with the HTS-Navi ? Because it isnt working on my Windows 8 machine...not sure on compatibility but anyways.
All you need to download to use the HTS-Navi is the HPP-22 software.

In order for the HPP-22 software to work on Windows 7/8 machines, you need to disable User Account Controls:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Restart your machine for the changes to take place, then re-install the HPP-22 software. It should work fine now. If you wish, you can then re-enable User Account Controls.
Old Jun 06, 2015, 01:14 AM
Calm before the storm
Joined Jun 2014
122 Posts
Ok thanks for the help!