Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:24 AM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Discussion
EVO 5 DOMINATOR...New F5D Airframe from BBR

Ok guys, with the blessings from Big Bruce, he has given me the go ahead to start this thread on his new F5D airframe about 3 months premature due to the fact that we have both received an impressive amount of interest via Facebook and LOTS of messages on this forum. ...The downside to that is I really have my hands full with life, a huge move to the other side of the US,work, building, testing, trimming, practicing and getting all my preparations on track for my first ever F5D World Nationals in a very short time.....So the deal is, I have tried very hard to wrap my head around putting the effort into starting a thread all about the new airframe that Big Bruce has busted his butt on to make a statement in Austria and let the world know that he is pouring his heart and soul into his passion for pylon racing, while also bringing a product to the masses that will be VERY impressive on the course and can also be custom schemed to an individual's liking, along with my insane schedule at this time.....NOW, for a guy like me that has an insane passion for all things high performance and a passion for rc planes that not many can understand, with no skills in being a pitch man or a sales man on such short notice, I have found myself in a bit of a bind.So here is the skinny on this thread.I have no choice but to keep it real as I know no other way, while also inviting all you guys to a ride along with me from build, all the way to my trip to Austria (does this sound good ?)....and yes, there is a bit I currently have to keep to myself and the Australian F5D team due to the fact that Bruce is full steam ahead on getting this airframe the BEST THAT IT CAN BE while being the builder and also a competitor in the World Nationals......NO PRESSURE HERE . So I am going to bypass the basics at this time and just show you the pictures of what Bruce has built for me, while allowing anybody with interest to bring the questions to me Now all I can say at this point is, this EVO airframe is so far advanced from any F5D airframe that I have ever seen that I have nothing but an insane drive to pack these airframes with some great drive equipment and get them flying ASAP ....Here are some pictures of where I am at this point AND TALK TO ME GUYS
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 23, 2014 at 02:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:38 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Some more pics and lots of info in my head for anybody that needs it.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:54 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
753 Posts
Geez they're SLICK!
Do you have a power train in mind D..?

.....must sux to be you rite now...in a gd way!
blitzu is online now Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:00 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
Geez they're SLICK!
Do you have a power train in mind D..?

.....must sux to be you rite now...in a gd way!
The drive systems are sitting right next to me, one will be direct drive and the other will be gearbox drive....powered by Leomotion
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:03 AM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Oct 2013
610 Posts
One sick lookin wing
hubcapsteve is offline Find More Posts by hubcapsteve
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:04 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
The V tail will be powered by 2 D60's and the ailerons will be guided by MKS65k's
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:16 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubcapsteve View Post
One sick lookin wing
Beyond sick...and the Vladimir carbon that is used for the wing is nothing short of breath taking.......and now is a good time to let everybody know that my planes are a bit different from the production models that will be sold and available after the World Nationals, they will have glass wingtips and less mold time.....which is no difference as long as the tips have color, Bruce just says it allows him to sleep better knowing that he has gone way overboard for airframes that will be heading to a World National event. ....I can only say that Bruce goes the extra mile to keep all his Friends, R &D guys and Customers safe and flying HARD.
Last edited by VooDoo Child; Apr 24, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:29 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
More pics.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:49 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
The EVO 5 DOMINATOR is available for pre order only at this moment for $690 US .....Bruce will start banging out the pre order list after the Worlds in late August. ...That is in naked Carbon. ...Custom scheme and colors on the wing (which I feel is a HUGE option) will run a bit more.....For my airframes I asking him to do a scheme that I have used for years on my giant scale aerobatic planes with a flip color scheme and he NAILED IT ....His work is simply off the charts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:02 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Omokoroa
Joined Dec 2012
753 Posts
Whats the fuse like...as in much room or is it designed for a specific mah size?
blitzu is online now Find More Posts by blitzu
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:02 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:11 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
The airframe that will be running the direct drive setup should be in the air this weekend.......I will do my best to get some pictures and video up and running if my CRAZY work load allows it......Both airframes have motor mounts in place, v-tail and drive wire in place.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:19 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzu View Post
Whats the fuse like...as in much room or is it designed for a specific mah size?
The fuse is a work of art, it has some nice room, but I have not had a chance to see what can be stuffed in there....I will only be running a 5S pack that fits no problem....So I see no issues with doing my usual 6S 24 setup if I get the itch to really get this thing moving.....But I have no choice right now to stay focused on running the course (not easy for me as I am sure you know )
Old Apr 23, 2014, 02:32 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,813 Posts
Guess what, some more pics
Old Apr 23, 2014, 04:58 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,707 Posts
Congratulations Doug on those beautiful airframes. Cannot wait to see them in person!

Get them airborne, get your pylons up and start putting in the laps!

It's 5:00am, 40F out right now and I'll be heading to the field in about an hour after I do all my am chores (including bringing my wife hot tea).

Looking forward to hearing how they fly and your progress!

Those are badass!

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton