HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2014, 03:13 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Feb 2009
125 Posts
New Product
Dx6i

Has anyone used the new DX6I that is advertised on Model Flight's website.
Like how is it different to the old model, it's mixing capabilities and general
ergonomics and ease of use. Any info welcome.
glidealf is offline Find More Posts by glidealf
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2014, 01:48 AM
CRASHING IS THE EASY PART
Australia, NSW, Oatley
Joined Sep 2011
712 Posts
the dx6i is the same as any other dx6i the current dx6i supports DSMX aswell as DSM2
that's the difference imo if you want good and simple mixing go the Dx7s or Dx8 it maybe abit more $$ but its well worth it I use a dx8 and its to easy
MclF1 is offline Find More Posts by MclF1
Old Feb 10, 2014, 03:33 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,677 Posts
It's called a "DX6", no 'i' at the end, and just to confuse things it's the second Spektrum radio to carry that name. (The old "DX6" from several years ago was a DSM-only affair.)

There's already a significant thread on the new DX6 in the Radios forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089776

It looks far better than the DX6i: 250 model memories versus 10, SD card, AirWare, quad-bearing gimbals... it'll eat into the DX9 market and consign the DX8 and DX7s to history.

The radio scene has moved on however. The FrSky Taranis is far more capable than any Spektrum radio in terms of programming, and it costs $175 from AloftHobbies.com or HK. The DX6 probably has the edge for technophobes, because of its simplistic programming, but for those who enjoy their radios the Taranis simply can't be beat right now.
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:23 PM
CRASHING IS THE EASY PART
Australia, NSW, Oatley
Joined Sep 2011
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
It's called a "DX6", no 'i' at the end, and just to confuse things it's the second Spektrum radio to carry that name. (The old "DX6" from several years ago was a DSM-only affair.)

There's already a significant thread on the new DX6 in the Radios forum:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089776

It looks far better than the DX6i: 250 model memories versus 10, SD card, AirWare, quad-bearing gimbals... it'll eat into the DX9 market and consign the DX8 and DX7s to history.

The radio scene has moved on however. The FrSky Taranis is far more capable than any Spektrum radio in terms of programming, and it costs $175 from AloftHobbies.com or HK. The DX6 probably has the edge for technophobes, because of its simplistic programming, but for those who enjoy their radios the Taranis simply can't be beat right now.
uhmm the last time i looked on my dx6 it had a I no need to be a hater
MclF1 is offline Find More Posts by MclF1
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:46 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MclF1 View Post
uhmm the last time i looked on my dx6 it had a I no need to be a hater
Mate I wasnt having a go at ya, or anybody, or being a hater. Just pointing out that the new radio's name is DX6, without the 'i' at the end, in case anybody goes searching.
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:53 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Feb 2009
125 Posts
Thanx for the response, everyone. I meant DX6. Typo. I read the forum but it really doesn't
go into the mixing capabilities. I have a full house Horesji Q12 electric which is not far from flying after a whoopsy. Spoke to model flight but the person wasn't able to tell me much.
mcifi I don't follow your last sentence. " last time i looked on my dx6 it had a I no need to be a
hater". What on earth does that mean ?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:55 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Feb 2009
125 Posts
No worries, that's cool.