HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:40 AM
Jim Johns
United States, AL, Dutton
Joined Jan 2013
172 Posts
Discussion
Super Tigre X25!

Some of you may remember that I asked for recommendations on a 25 size engine for my upcoming New Era III project. doxilia suggested that I place a wanted ad, so I did. I received a reply the same evening from a fellow RCG member and negotiated a great deal. Well - here she is. She arrived in the mail Saturday morning and she's an exact clone of the X-25 that flew in my original New Era III. This place is great!!!!! I have a scanner being shipped as I type, and should be able to post some more pix toward the end of next week.

BTW - I looked over the NE3 plans again, doxilia. Not only are the 3/16 sides going as you suggested, but the 3/8 top block is also history, along with some other unneeded structure. Now all I need is to get the new shop squared away and order some balsa. I looked through my balsa supply and found that I have mountains of 1/16 x 3 sheets, mostly contest, but little else. Comes from building Glass and Foam pattern planes I guess. Once I get my 4' x 8' work table set up - gotta figure out where to put it first - I'll be able to spread out the plans. I'm going to trace on vellum a new set of plans with the changes I'm going to make in the new bird to lighten her up. then figure out what I need to order and get building.

I'm a happy camper.

Jim
ReelDoc is online now Find More Posts by ReelDoc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:41 PM
AKA 8178
Joined May 2004
1,131 Posts
Nice! The carb looks a lot like the one on my G-21.
Jet_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
Montreal, Canada
Joined Mar 2008
1,842 Posts
Jim,

Excellent news! Now you only need to change this thread type to a build log and change the title to New Era III - evolved...

The X25 is excellent juice. I'd just suggest you swap that power robbing 15 size muffler for something that allows the engine to breathe.

I look forward to seeing your design mods. I'd think 3/32" sides and 3/16" top with 3/8" tristock to produce a nice rounded top. Bottom rear can be 1/16" cross grain. Bring those fuse sides all the way to the spinner ring too!

David
doxilia is offline Find More Posts by doxilia
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:19 PM
AKA 8178
Joined May 2004
1,131 Posts
Don Dewey would be proud!

Mike
Jet_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Jet_Flyer
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:26 PM
Jim Johns
United States, AL, Dutton
Joined Jan 2013
172 Posts
Thanks, guys. I'm looking forward to moving on with this project. However, I'm trying to get my RCM Trainer 60 rehabilitated so I can do some flying and peel a few layers of rust off my thumbs. The engine needs TLC and new batteries for the radio as well. We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the New Era III fuselage drawings done next week - IF I can locate my drafting tools. I'm afraid I may have to unpack everything to locate them - I sure hope not. Man, I detest moving!
ReelDoc is online now Find More Posts by ReelDoc
Last edited by ReelDoc; Mar 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM.