HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
From a Different Planet!
Lagrange, Ohio
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
don't forget the canopy helmet, prop covers, and tail feather covers as well!
edge_pilot is offline Find More Posts by edge_pilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My 2 favorite everyday flyers!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I don't care for the 25c Nano packs

these look good!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25505
Ok,,, just went and bit the bullet,,, just ordered 6 of these at discounted rate of $7.49 ea,,,, thanks for the heads up Brushless!!!!! :-)
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,123 Posts
Just watched QQs presentation of this little gem!!! Looks TOTALLY AWSOME !!!
Like the real digital servos easy to replace , real control horns and the large battery bay,, may have to order 3 of these!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
I've never used the Zippys before,,, do you think they hold up as well as the nano techs??? And do you think the slightly higher C rating will make that much of a difference???? I don't have enough experience with these little batteries to know
Quote:
Ok,,, just went and bit the bullet,,, just ordered 6 of these at discounted rate of $7.49 ea,,,, thanks for the heads up Brushless!!!!! :-)
Good deal..
for what it's worth, IMO, the 25c Nano packs act more like 15c packs
and no one in my FE club would dare run them in a race boat
but the 45c and bigger Nano packs are good
and even the regular 40c Turnigy packs are awesome!
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Just watched QQs presentation of this little gem!!! Looks TOTALLY AWSOME !!!!
Just did as well, and noticed something VERY scary... In their video, the antenna is almost touching the data pin of the throttle output on the receiver! Not sure I would want to fly an airplane like that!

Would check mine before flying for sure, though I suspect that's simply a prototype, quickly put together for the show... Personally, I think this airplane could use the AS3X technology as well (particularly if it's tweaked by QQ on top of that, he did such an awesome job on the Beast), but at the same time, it would be very nice to be able to fly it without it as well (not sure a Blender would go hand to hand with AS3X...). So HH, start thinking about using the gear switch to disable/enable AS3X in flight, and start using it in airplane like this one (and bigger!)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:37 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,260 Posts
I would love to see an as3x add-on module.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Just did as well, and noticed something VERY scary... In their video, the antenna is almost touching the data pin of the throttle output on the receiver! Not sure I would want to fly an airplane like that!

Would check mine before flying for sure, though I suspect that's simply a prototype, quickly put together for the show... Personally, I think this airplane could use the AS3X technology as well (particularly if it's tweaked by QQ on top of that, he did such an awesome job on the Beast), but at the same time, it would be very nice to be able to fly it without it as well (not sure a Blender would go hand to hand with AS3X...). So HH, start thinking about using the gear switch to disable/enable AS3X in flight, and start using it in airplane like this one (and bigger!)
Yes I agree!!! The ability to turn off an on ASX from the tranny would be AWSOME and at least different pre set settings of ASX would be great as well. Times when you want it And times when you don't ,, kinda comparable as to how different people and in different conditions prefer different rates and different amount of expo
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:57 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,245 Posts
For those commenting on the video, it was flown by Colton Clark, not Quique. He did a great job!
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
For those commenting on the video, it was flown by Colton Clark, not Quique. He did a great job!
Congrats to Colton!!:-)
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,600 Posts
No AS3X... then it's not for me. I'll stick to my Beast and SBach. For larger sizes I fly the EPP stuff and a balsa plane. It's a nice in between size, fills a niche, but at 8 oz. wind will be a problem, hard to do extreme aerobatics this size with the wind is fighting it. I'm sure its a great plane but, might as well get the new SBach.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:24 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,217 Posts
Why is everyone complaining about no AS3X. I mean I like it on the smaller stuff like my Mig and Beast, but this is bigger, heavier, and faster. AS3X is not needed. The FunFighters from Sky Angel are the same size. In fact my Rare Bear had a 24" wing span where this is 26". Wind didn't bother it.

No offense, but let go of the crutch and start learning to really fly.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,274 Posts
People are just never satisfied. Looks great to me.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Why is everyone complaining about no AS3X. I mean I like it on the smaller stuff like my Mig and Beast, but this is bigger, heavier, and faster. AS3X is not needed. The FunFighters from Sky Angel are the same size. In fact my Rare Bear had a 24" wing span where this is 26". Wind didn't bother it.

Yes!!! Exactly!! I've flown this size in e flight zero no problems with wind!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:34 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post

because besides needing planes that come built and ready to fly...... alot of people want planes that can fly themselves too....or at least come close....
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,908 Posts
I agree.......learn to fly
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34