HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:34 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Quote:
I totally understand that remark....I retired 5 years ago,and I don't know how we ever had time to work and play...There isn't enough time to do one of them now.
+1.

Gardening and taking care of the "grounds" vie with flying things in my retired world. Fixing broken things applies to both sides of this coin.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:02 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
+1.

Gardening and taking care of the "grounds" vie with flying things in my retired world. Fixing broken things applies to both sides of this coin.
As I remember, your place looks darn nice. Feel free to post a few pics.

The same goes for everyone else. Share some pics of your "estates."
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:08 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Our house is a very, very fine house

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy

Now that I am retired....LOL

Here are some pics of our little hand built stone "cottage" and the grounds of our "estate" as we also refer to this little slice of heaven in rural NH.

Pictures taken with GoPro mounted on new toy, DJI F-450 quad copter ... very fun to fly, and finally something I can fly right around the house.
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 21, 2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:25 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,286 Posts
Very nice !
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:28 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,329 Posts
U2--What a great place!
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,420 Posts
U-2 I had forgotten about that OMG Hangar !.You need to do some trick photography with the Stearman out front....
You on yer belly,PT17 about 25 yards in front of the hangar....fool us all !!
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Water Sports
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,956 Posts
Thanks. It is kind of a small, funky house, kind of what you might expect from an amateur Owner Builder, but it has a good look to it, and provides lots of grass to mow and gardens to maintain.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I do need to do that. The Stearman is finished but may wait till next year to fly as club field moves to a nasty place for fall and I don't like flying there. But it is definitely a time to take a picture of it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Mount Juliet, TN
Joined Feb 2008
453 Posts
Way to be KING of your castles guys!
ska2000 is offline Find More Posts by ska2000
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Oct 2004
1,130 Posts
You don't want to see pictures of my yard. I live on the outskirts of Kansas City. It quit raining about the first of May. The drought finally broke the last week of August. It was also one of the hottest summers I can remember. It has rained 4 or 5 times since the drought broke. But my yard is still probably 50% dormant. The grass doesn't crunch when you walk on it anymore though.
My lawn mower had the whole summer off. I am jut now for the first time since May thinking about getting it out and knocking down a few of the green spots. I don't ever remember that happening either. It's usually a once a week thing till the middle of July when it slows down. I think if it rains a few more times and I throw some fertilizer out it will come around though We'll see.
Fred
Crowfly is online now Find More Posts by Crowfly
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:41 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,286 Posts
I just drove by Grand Traverse Bay, on Lake Michigan. The water level is way down. The drought hit us, too. There was a small forest fire 8 miles from here, closer to where Brufli lives.

I "had" to water my lawn, almost constatly, but things stayed green.

It started to rain a few weeks ago, but the drought didn't break until the lahe effect kicked in. We've had over 2" of rain, just this week.

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I'll need a bailer after I mow.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Nov 2012
144 Posts
Tom, I always seem to find your threads after they are completed. Oh well... I just wanted you to know how much I have enjoyed this thread as well as both of the Spacewalkers. Your planes always look great completed. Good job. (I'm sure I 'm missing some other thread that you have started)
VincentJ is offline Find More Posts by VincentJ
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:20 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,286 Posts
Thanks,Vincent. I don't have a current build thread. I have 5 kits on hand, however, so it shouldn't be too long before I fire one up.

Here's my first build thread on the Groups. This one is a co-build, with my friend Don Olsen.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615484

It may interest you.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Nov 2012
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCrump View Post
Thanks,Vincent. I don't have a current build thread. I have 5 kits on hand, however, so it shouldn't be too long before I fire one up.

Here's my first build thread on the Groups. This one is a co-build, with my friend Don Olsen.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615484

It may interest you.
Oh boy! Great thanks. Just like a good book only with pictures, looking forward to reading it....
VincentJ is offline Find More Posts by VincentJ
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,286 Posts
Now you've done it, Vincent !!!

Most of the time, when I finish a model, I lose interest in it, and move on to the next build. Your post inspired me to look over my pics of this Cessna.

Couple that with the fact that my club is getting a new field, with an E/W runway that is 475", and a N/S that is 425', and I am getting fired up about flying this model.

I'm sure that the Spacewalker will follow suit.

Thanks for getting my fires burning !
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
You guys should see Tom's hangar... What a piece of heaven!
I need another week in TC...
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral